Foil assist Kit waterproof 6374 motor + 100A V6 VESC + waterproof remote

My tachometer tells me this motor is 145 kv

Have you managed to get up on this motor?

I just received it, maybe Iā€™ll try it this weekend.

N tacho = Xkv x (number of cells in series x indiv cell voltage) = Xkv x applied battery voltage
Xkv = N tacho / measured battery voltage

Not using the measured battery voltage could increase the motor kv by 24% (1/4.2)

Before measuring, I switched the battery to storage mode with a voltage of 3.8 v. per cell, 145 kv is the correct data.

So Iā€™m getting 167Kvā€¦

10S battery at 39.4V is getting 6614 RPM

1 Like

zzzz

my motor was doing this 6384 120kv. i used a slightly smaller prop with less pitch and i never saw it again. there must be too high a load on it, that causes the timing to desynchronize.

Latest feedback from customer, Maytech MTO6374-150-WPC waterproof motor: ā€œat first I thought this doesnā€™t look like waterproof motor, NOW I see it is waterproof and so far the paint coatings on inside are better and very little rust formingā€ :sparkling_heart:šŸ«¶

This is where you show up and just make public you know absolutely nothing at allā€¦

I can tell you right now that the coating on the maytech motor is weaker than the official foil drive motors and the motor has less power.

Simply put itā€™s just an inferior product with a lack of thorough design and testing.

Nothing pisses me off more than companies making non data backed claimsā€¦

2 Likes

Trying to find out where I can order a Saite motor. Please drop a link.

Google is your friend (thatā€™s how I found it)ā€¦

Alibaba will be your friend too :smiley:

Or use the forum search function:
'Search results for 'saite' - FOIL.zone
The July 27th message

Hello I bought a Maytech-Kit assistance aluminum DIY, motor 6374 waterproof 3.5 KW, controller VESC 100A V6, remote control waterproof MTSKR1905WF to make a copy of the foil drive assist.
i have a foil drive and want to make one for my daughter to ride together .
and when I connect it to an FDA 28-volt battery, the motor starts running at 50% and nothing before that. why?
it doesnā€™t seem very powerful I guess the FDA battery is not calibrated for this motor .
I saw in a video from the FDA team that their motor was limited to 1850 watts to preserve battery life.

Sounds like you need to calibrate the remote in vesctool. flipsky has a video for the vx3 not sure if maytec has any instructions but should be similar.

Can you tell us what mosfet is used? Thanks!
I am looking for the performance that is possible from this vesc

What motors do you like in which scenarios? Iā€™m an experienced foiler but noob foil builder . Goal is a faux foil drive with a 12s pack

I havenā€™t got the maytech working yet. I have really efficient props coming this week so weā€™ll see if it works with them.

I waterproofed a battlehardened flipsky 6384 140kv. Itā€™s a very strong and capable motor. But I did need to cut and thread the rotor.

The waterproof saite 6384 120-140kv will work well with 11s and that means you donā€™t need to mess with epoxy.