Fr 2019 motor system

Hi guys,

I tested my self made battery 58V 14S12P (Panasonic cells NCR18650NFR 2900mAh-10A) and Flier ESC 400A 2-22S with FR propulsion system on 3.3m inflatable boat.

I put motor on Gongfoil mast 65cm which I will use on my board. Everything is attached with improvised wood holder on the boat. It looks ugly, I know, but it works.
I wanted to check temperature of Flier ESC and my baterry with BMS.
I didnt push it to the limit (lets say about 60% throttle), up to 90Amps (check the video).

The reason I didnt use full throttle is that ESC became quite hot, because I didnt cool it.The test before antispark wire burnt on full power ( sorry I didnt use Amp clamps multimeter), so dont use antispark wire on Flier ESC. I dont know why the resistance of 2mm2 antispark wire is lower than the main cable. My main cables are 6 AWG.
Flier 400ESC is hot( difficult to hold) on current under 100Amps in few minutes, eventhough I put it on aluminium bottom. If you ask me, this ESC can hold continious current 200Amps maybe, but with nitrogen cooling:) (chinese 400Amps constantly my ass :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )
Battery,BMS and other cables are not even warm after few minutes test on 90A.
I think the ESC cooling is a must thing, if you use self made motor system and printed proppeler with less efficiency than FR proppeler, even more necessary.

What can I say about Liftfoil motor and Flying rodeo proppeler?
Beast and masterpiece of efficiency.

7 Likes