Fr 2019 motor system

I’d take 5! Pretty please!

@Darby would take one!

Missed two or three batches up to now. :thinking:

He told me through facebook that he will not make them in the “near future“. :frowning: Not sure how far out that puts them.

That’s what he told me too… :pensive:

Maybe try to make a good prop your self? For the flipsky motor this is a good basis:

#Aliexpress € 8,01 23%OFF | 2HP 7 1/4X5 EEN Motor Onderdelen Boot Propeller Vervanging Buitenboordmotor Gemakkelijk Installeren Schip Praktische Marine Aluminium Legering Voor yamaha
https://a.aliexpress.com/_d8oCtHr

I make it with a grinder, filing and drill out the hole with my lathe. I use some tape to see if the blades are the same shap. I have no problems with vibrations so all blades have (almost) same shape and mass.

7 Likes

What was your goal ?

My goal was to make a cheap efficient prop with enough force to give me some good speed. And I am happy with the performance.

1 Like

Nice job on the modification! Have You compared the rpm / speed on the original vs modified prop? A wild guess would be that the modified needs less torque from the engine to spin a given rpm as the blade surface is less?

Yes, it is a huge difference. I don’t have the exact numbers but at 14s unmodified it was some where around 2800rpm and modified 4900rpm so yes a huge difference.

OK, thanks for the info! Yes there are good small otboard propellers available but unfortunately they require higher torgue numbers to spin at correct speed than usually available in these applications. But cutting this way seams to work fine. Probably little trial an error testing required but they are cheap so not a huge issue anyway.

some people in the forum also cut them down with a lathe, not as nice as the one above, cut by hand, but less effort and easier to keep it balanced.

I think it’s weird that Flipsky and maytech even promote their motors with these cheap 3,5hp props. Why would they do so, if it is not matching at all?

Hello,

Becuse production of props its not easy

We ar made in 2 year more then 2500 props and we have need loot of time to deweloped and finde rigt production proces… we thinking that we need more time for props like for the motor :slightly_frowning_face::frowning:

2 Likes

I did this before but the balance is not better than cutted by hand. These chinese props are not very well balanced to begin with. But because I remove alot of weight far from the center it will always be better than before.

Very nice piece of work. What is the final diameter of your prop ?

That’s correct. Even branded propellers are not always that well balanced. To a certain degree, its probably not even a huge problem. In most cases the waterflow where the propeller works is not even for all blades so there is usually always some degree of “imbalance” even if the propeller it selves is perfectly balanced. So with careful job like You did, probably batter than from the factory.

Thank you! My last one is 145mm. For the flipsky motor I also have 125mm, but 145mm gives a better accelaration and top speed is almost the same.

This is a factory “cut” propeller. This is possible one way to modify, but to achieve the notch in the tip is probably not easy.

Metr Log /vesc Log would be really interesting