Freerchobby esc 160A vs Flipsky 60V200A

Hello what would you guys bought if you have offer to buy ony of those two for 150? (Friend is selling).
Flipskys (https://de.aliexpress.com/item/4000070690451.html)
Freerchobby (https://www.freerchobby.cc/products/ip68-waterproof-and-watercooling-8-16s-160a-esc-for-jetboard-efoil-propulsion-system-boat-ect?variant=41707064557729)

Has anyonr bought freerchobby one? How is it?

Br Luka

The 148usd FOC ESC is looking good,
Stated IP67, 8-14s 150/180A but need more info

The 160a Freerchobby one. Someone’s gotta take the jump and test it.

Problem is there is no 160A in the current black 14s range which is declared waterproof btw:

But the initial post wasn’t talking about these. Also why does waterproofing matter for the ESC itself. If it’s not waterproof, then just place it in a waterproof box.

True, I was not talking about waterproofness…

Because you were suggesting it was the 160A FreeRCHobby ESC which doesn’t exist in their 14s range on their site… therefore my picture…

Ok sure, but I dont know what you want to tell me with this. If its not waterproof ok, but I was asking about comparison to flipsky…

Thank you for your help!
BR Luka

The link that was posted takes you to this:

Looks 160A to me… And its also waterproof…

1 Like

The problem is the Flipsky is running on more than 50-100 efoils throughout the world, and their owner is pleased because its a VESC which is delivered with a nice toolbox. One of its important feature is current limiting (battery + motor).
The freeRChobby is new so totally unknowned here. Therefore Jezza’s remark. The good points are: it’s cheap, 14s, 180A peak current, watercooled, simple + ready to use so fine for an efoil use… in theory. It would be perfect if it had current limiting.

1 Like

It needs to have current control/current limiting to achive FOC.

1 Like

If you scroll down, you’ll find some specs: https://www.freerchobby.cc/collections/electronic-speed-controller-1/products/ip68-waterproof-and-watercooling-8-16s-160a-esc-for-jetboard-efoil-propulsion-system-boat-ect

Found the same one just diffrent branding (alixpress blurded it)

2 Likes

I ordered one. will be tasting

1 Like

I ordered one. Will do a test

1 Like

ooooo, tell us what it tastes like :wink:

2 Likes

Hi everyone I’m Demis also I bought this esc with propeller on the alibaba site for a motor that I use on my efoil board, I bought this esc because the motor was combined with a 150 A esc cooled with a heatsink, in order to cool it I have inserted in the compartment two fans As a help and seeing this esc for the same engine I bought one the brand of the engine is from the keidan as soon as I get the text immediately, I wanted to ask you all if you know what kind of inserts the lift uses as a support for the mast because I do not understand if the base of the board is a carbon plate or it is foam coated because from the photos it is very thin and I do not understand what it uses if bushings if inserts if it is only threaded or what, if you can help me thank you

just add ketchup)

))))))))))>>(((())))))

Hi Demis, as it is an international forum, next time please use a translator… deepl.com :wink:
Users with good LIFT board knowledge will answer you for the board bottom material and inserts… @Flightjunkie ?

Do you have a link for your ESC+motor offer ?
Watercooling: forced flow cooling from the motor pod is the way to go. This ESC is calling for that … what is your mast brand ? Credit @F16model

201115 FFlow F16model 01

yes I have a connection made like this with a 3d printer for the water pipe equal to that of the lift