Has anyone successfully used the Flipsky FSESC 75200 with the FS65161 motor?

Hi, I am new to this forum and building efoils. I was wondering since the combo you are talking about is on Flipsky for around 800$ with the new VX3 remote. what’s are your thoughts on it, is it a really bad idea to buy it, or I good one

Thanks

Well, they say they’ve fixed the problems were encountering…
Possibly there will be people receiving the new version soon who could give their opinion.

1 Like

I think the combo is too expensive, just get the motor from banggood and the vesc from hgltech. The propeller is too big anyways.

Wait until there are some reports of a working setup. It’s really poor that Flipsky sells a combo for $$$ without testing under load.
My husband (who is designing our ESC) is of the opinion that these motors (FS65161 and similar Maytech) have a design flaw.

2 Likes

I agree. There is a price war on the motors, so the sellers are trying to recoup with the ESC.
On the other hand, if you buy the combo, you have a good case for complaining if it doesn’t work.

1 Like

thank you for responding so quick, i looked at hgltech website and it looks very similar to flipsky’s. can you recommend a good vesc from hgltech.

I have the Flipsky combo and I’m currently building a tow boogie. I did not have any problems with the ESC nor Motor but I did not test it under full load in water yet. When the weather get’s a bit warmer I will be able to do my first test runs with telemetry logging. Keep you posted

3 Likes

Yeah same thing here, no problems, but haven’t tried full load yet. The key thing for me was to run detection with 750g inrunner settings instead of the larger (2kg?) one.

Works great when revving, even when I smash the throttle from standstill. FOC open loop 50A (artificially loaded spin test) also works ok.

1 Like

My Flier finally died too! How did yours go? Mine was cutting out on me constantly. Thought it might be the batteries, remote, remote wire, BMS, all sorts of things. Nope! It was the ESC! I am using the Flipsky HC200A VESC now, but I bought the 75/200 and can’t wait to try it out!

1 Like

What does he think is wrong with the motor design other than it is lacking hall and temp sensors!? haha

1 Like

It seems to have an instable mode very close to the optimal balanced mode.

It seems to have an instable mode very close to the optimal balanced mode. At least the Maytech one does.

Hi.

My flier died with regards to it’s motor start up function. Pull the trigger and it would jerk and clunk loudly. If I pulled the trigger quickly several times in a row the motor would start up and run but it sounded really loud and jerky.

I am ordering parts for the flipsky 75200 VESC build. Waterproof box, and all the stuff I’ll need. I’ll let you guys know when I get it up and running. This is my second efoil board. So, thankfully I still have my other board to ride.

:call_me_hand:

Hi.

In my humble opinion, the 65161 motor is the second best motor on the market behind the Lift / FR motor.

There have been several others who mentioned they were working on a better motor, but so far nothing is available to my knowledge.

I have been using my flipsky 120KV 65161 motor for about a year now in salt water, and it’s still working good. But, the motor must be opened up and filled half way full with CorrosionX, or the bearings will fail and the rotor will rust.

These 65161 motors do have a hard time starting. It was a lot of work to get the Flyer ESC to work with this motor. I believe this is because the rotor diameter is so small and the pole count is so low. Everything is a compromise. But, all things considered, this is a very good motor.

I also use this motor with my Trampa 75v300a VESC and it works very well.

1 Like

Build me a battery box! I’d be willing to buy!!! Maximum space for a lift board for cells!

Sorry buddy! I barely have time for my projects. But, it’s not hard to do. Just takes some time. I’ve posted all the info. I’m happy to answer questions. We have 4 of these batteries now in use. Solid design. I ride for 1h30min and about 20 miles and get back to shore at 3.5v per cell.

3 Likes

Hi Guys, just adding my two cents…
I use the 120kv motor on 12s with the 60V 200A ESC on FOC + Current mode and I solved all our starting issues by turning on the “High current sampling mode” and raised the “Stator saturation compensation to 30%” (might work with less of that or only the other setting)
The motor starts well 100% of the time in all conditions.
At the moment our only issue is that the Motor stops immediately without load, but in the water everything is fine.
Cheers, David

7 Likes

Update:
Flipsky have told us categorically that there is a flaw in the escs that they have sent us and they are sending us new ones. We are sending the old ones back…

1 Like

Good to hear because the allmost identical HGL-TECH vesc 75200 works well for me with a 63100 outrunner up to 150A motor current. I also know people that successfully use it with the 65161, 120kv motor without issues. So this explains your trouble.

2 Likes

Run roh. Any idea what it is exactly and if makerX has the same issue?

1 Like