Has anyone successfully used the Flipsky FSESC 75200 with the FS65161 motor?

No, details have been sketchy at best. They mentioned something about resistors something something but nothing clear. I was holding out for being able to tune these but they’re adamant they won’t work with these motors.

So, I have three of these… And all should be driving FS63161 motors. I approached Flipsky to get some details on this issue. Thank you @bigben for letting us know that there might be an issue.

These resistors are incorrect in our early FSESC75200 controllers. Flipsky states that the wrong value is 1.6, and the correct is 4.7. I haven’t measured mine yet (whether its ohms or kilo-ohms), but you get the point. I’ll just be fixing mine instead of sending them back to be repairs. If someone opens theirs, please measure the resistor dimensions as well. It would be convenient to just buy a few from Digi-Key/Mouser/Amazon.

5 Likes

Ah! That would be simple. But ours are the potted version. :sob:

1 Like

From my ESC department (a.k.a. Charlie, my husband): those tiny resistor are indeed involved in measuring the back EMF needed to synchronize the motor. But the fact that the system works with no load, points to more serious problems.
Call me a pessimist, but it would be a miracle if just changing the resistors solved the problem. Flipsky hopefully will solve the problem and replace the bad ESC with updated ones. And pay for all shipping… (Which we should insist on)

1 Like

I tested my setup yesterday with full load. I bought my combo on the 24of january 2021 directly from flipsky. It seems that they have solved the issues. My motor runs smoothly through all RPM ranges. I loaded the motor with up to 100A and got 5400RPM on a 165mm prop without forward speed. I don’t have the equipment for thrust measurement yet.

3 Likes

Wonder why Flipsky didn’t tell my friend to return his kit for an exchange. Just offered refund minus shipping. Which is not cheap, all the way to China.
EDIT: they did offer to replace, but he had lost faith in them…

Hi, congratulations! How did you load the motor? I am looking for ways to test.

1 Like

I’ve put my tow boogie in the lake and held on to the rope :slight_smile:. I streamed my telemetry via 3dr modules directly to my laptop. Pretty sweet for troubleshooting.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure they did offer to replace his, but he was so fed up with Flipsky (and not confident the new one would work any better) that he decided to return it. Over $100 shipping. I don’t think they told him that they know what the problem is.

You’re right. I checked with him, they did offer to replace it. But by then he was fed up: lost a month, trying to get it to work…

1 Like

Same as us, possibly longer. New units arrive in the coming week so crossing fingers and toes.

Looking to buy a FSESC75200 through bangood EU. Anybody know when they had incorrect resistor issue and any thought if remaining EU stock is still affected? Anybody get a good one yet?
Feels stupid to buy something that needs soldering directly…

1 Like

Was it problems with the first version also released last summer also?
Note that if you buy through bangood you will not get the latest updated version as in the pictures in this thread. If you look at the pictures on bangood site you can see that the first release had 80v Brown caps, on latest flipsky it is 100v black ones. There is also difference when it comes to mosfet version etc.

Hey,

This is my first post in this forum. I failed at a PM build three years ago due to a broken gearbox and let the project sit for a while.
Now I’d like to give it another try. After some rechearch it seems the 65161 seems to be a good direct drive option.

Has anyone had any luck with this combination by now?

Thanks already to everyone in this forum. It’s a great resource!

Greetings from northern Germany,
Lukas

Yes, there are many builds with this motor. You could request @V_S for access to the german speaking telegram group, there is a lot going on in this group.

I’ve seen plenty Builds with the motor but other ESCs. Do you know of any with the combination?

Thank you very much for mentioning the Telegram group, didn’t know about that.

Yes, the flying rifle case: [Surf n' Destroy] Building a flying sniper rifle case

Hgl-tech, flipsky, maytech, maker-x 75200 are more or less the same, it is a vesc75300 clone.

1 Like

I just had some luck with the 75200. After initial setup using VESC TOOL & YouTube vids I could only get about 1500 watts out of it (on the water) before it started violently cogging/pulsing. So I went to the FOC menu on VESC TOOL and increased I (current) to 40 amps, decreased D (duty cycle) to .15, and increased ERPM to 3000. Then I connected the motor (warning: it will spin a little) and ran the “Detect and Calculate Parameters” procedure on the FOC page (RL then flux linkage then APPLY). It calculated new parameters for motor resistance, inductance, flux linkage, etc. Then I wrote that configuration to the motor and wha-la it actually put out some smooth serious power on the lake. More testing is needed but this seems a promising start…

2 Likes

You can also run the motor wizzard, for 65161 choose medium size inrunner. To get out of the water, max current should not be too low, somewhere around 150A.

For clarification, “I” on the FOC menu refers to the motor spin-up current, not the max motor current. Not sure if 150amps is appropriate but maybe?