Has anyone successfully used the Flipsky FSESC 75200 with the FS65161 motor?

Thanks for all of this useful info, I have been shopping for an ESC for over 2 months now and push is starting to come to shove. Since the Raiden 7 is still out of stock, I was leaning towards the Flipsky 75200, assuming that if I bought it from them, the preceding problem mentioned may be now solved? Risky move for a $300 though, so still looking at the $500 Trampa? Man, I wish the Raiden 7 was in stock. Would make this expensive purchase a lot easier :frowning: Thanks again for everyone’s time to review these things.

Hello everyone
I am desperately looking for help to operate my vesc 75/200 with 65161 engine, in a small basin I go up to about 30 A but during my last sea test, completely submerged in water it goes up to 4 or 5 and the engine starts hiccups and loss of power

Hi Philippe, i faced similar issues. 30-40 amps at the Maximin in a 120 liter drum full of water with a Flite prop. In air, everything is fine I got 16000 ERPM at 3-4 amp.
Flipsky asked me to send a video on YouTube to help me.They told me that my ESC has the right resistors but I can’t double check as I have the potted version. Will remove the silicone potting early next year.
I have ordered a MakerX to check that the problem is not coming from the 65161 motor.

Hello
thank you for your answer, can you tell me what a makerX is and if you have any other information i’m a taker, thank you in advance

Go-Foc Hi200 highly recommended by Manufoil. There are only three phase cables instead of 6 on the FS75200and that makes the connection to the motor easy. Just reuse the Flipsky plugs provided with the 65161 motor. The Autoconnect with VESC-tool works well an I never loose the connection contrary to the FS 75200. No tax to pay for delivery to France, the parcel is delivered through Luxembourg.

2 Likes

thanks for the info, but there is no water cooling! it’s a little embarrassing

You can add one or two water cooling blocs to the heat sink
https://www.amazon.fr/Garsent-Refroidissement-Aluminium-Refroidisseur-Ordinateur/dp/B07K3X6CFN?th=1&psc=1
See recent OKP’s build

1 Like

Yep they work well. For even better cooling use a high conductivity thermal pad, 0.5mm thick and also upgrade the thermal pad between FETs and VESC heatsink

Do you mean that the original thermal pad between FETs and VESC heatsink does not have sufficient thermal conductivity ? Do you know the W/m.K? Does the pad resist immersion in mineral oil?

Hello Flightjunkie.
I have this same configuration of ESC and motor, but I can’t find the right configuration … could you publish the configuration that worked for you?

Can anyone confirm that these issues have been resolved for current versions of the Flipsky 75200/FA65161? I’m about to place a new order.
Thanks!

1 Like

I heard that @Ackermann had some good results with the latest one ordered from BG.
I recently opened an old one and found out that there where quite some issues with it. They have left out some filters on the current and voltage detection and probably are driving the FETS at the wrong current.

I’m also about order a new one and will compare it to the 2 versions i now have to see what they fixed and if its running smooth at high current and high RPM.

Hi, yes indeed. My latest one runs very smooth . Just motor detection with 14S on 120kv motor, put motor current to 170amp and done. No other tweaking. It has FW 5.2 pre installed. But Bluetooth is not working yet

I have another one, it’s older, like 1y, it runs but has issue at high duty and load. It seems like it lose tracking and is cogging. However, I saw there is HW R1 installed, in latest Flipsky yt video they upgrade firmware and they have R2 hardware. Maybe there is a wrong hardware Version installed on my vesc. I am investigating.

Last and third one I had was with wrong resistor and did not work at all. I replaced resistor and it burned down very spectacular at motor detection. I got it replaced by Banggood

Does anybody know what will happen if you flash wrong hw Version and run detection? Big bang?

For my use yes I had to upgrade the thermal pad. The new one are 18w m.k
No issue with mineral oil. I have 400km+ on it now with motor current up to 230A in burst

Flipsky support wrote all the 75xxx based on R2 Hardware.

Hi @Manufoil ! 230 amps are a lot! What components are you using in your recent setup?

FR motor and MakerX 75200 water cooled. Board is really small for my weight and 950 wing so it takes a lot to get up on the plane. Once foiling motor amp stay under 150A at top speed

Just got these info from MakerX don’t know whether it is useful for you.

They are mentioning the possibility of damaging the VESc:

Note: Phase filtering is not available on ALL HI200 and HV200 and all HI100 hardware shipped before December 10, 2021! ! !

With the update of VESC TOOL, the phase filter function of the new version firmware is used.

Using firmware version 5.03 (VEC TOOL 3.1) or above, without turning off the phase filter, will damage the VESC.! !

Please turn off the phase filter function! (The method is shown in the figure below). After the phase line function is turned off, please do not choose to restore the default parameters when using the wizard interface.

Any idea if the phase filtering parameter is applicable to the Flipsky 75200 FSESC?

Edit: After watching some Flipsky videos on programming the ESC, they recommend turning it off: