Hello from Australia - Takuma to Fliteboard switch

New member. I just recently gave up on my Takuma because the Cruiser 2 delaminated and when I switched to the carver 2, I could not get onto plane in chop or without full battery. Took delivery of my Flite Air Pro with 1500 jet wing set and love it.

Now I find this site am wondering if I can get my Takuma working (for my kids) with a better prop. Hyperdrive is one way for sure but I received an extra prop with my Fliteboard. I have a lathe and a 3d printer. Could I easily install the Flite prop on my Takuma and will it work?

Takuma started having connectivity issues and I am hoping it is the antenna. I ordered a new one 15 days ago…(let us leave that story for another day). Monopole antenna with the tip brokenb off si I am hoping the salt water was shorting (fingers crossed).

Any advice on prop and connectivity is much appreciated.

Let me respond to myself before someone else does. The flite prop spins in the opposite direction so short of switching phases in the controller or mouting the prop beackwards, the answer is “no”.
I can’t believe the difference in the size and surface area of the two props. No wonder the Takuma has no torque. Did I read somewhere that the flite has a reduction gearbox? If so, amazingly quiet.

If possible just switch two motor wires at the connector and motor will spin opposite direction, for the area of the prop, being larger it will require a lot more torque and it might very well be that the system cannot provide it, since the reason for having a small prop is that you have a weak motor or electronic system. It’s always worth trying though😃

Can you post a photo comparing the two props?