Hi.
Welcome to the forum.
There is no easy way to say this, so I’ll just say it. ![]()
You got a good solid 4 days of reading to do (look under your profile, summary, read time) . If you just buy some parts and start building, you’re gonna end up with a pile of parts you didn’t end up using, and I lot of waisted time and money.
I took me about 6 months from when I decide to build an e-foil till I had a working board. And I had previous experience with electronics and battery building.
There is no one “right way” to build an e-foil. You need to decide for yourself. Build what will work for you. Everything is a trade off.
I suggest looking for members who have working boards. Boards that perform well and they are happy with. Look at their specifications. You will see there is a lot of custom ingenuity in each build.
If you want something now you can buy the Lift or Flightboard e-foil board ready to ride for $12k. If you wanna do a quick build for less then that you could buy the FR propulsion unit for $2k, a Lift board for $4k (or make your own), pick a wing of your choosing, then all you gotta do is build a battery for $1k, and the electronics and waterproof enclosure for $200-$500. You could have a working board for $4k and up depending on how much you build VS buy.
The Chinese 65161 motor is pretty good. Hard to beat if your on a budget. You can’t beat the 75/300 VESC but it’s not cheap, however it can handle 14s battery and I strongly suggest using a 14s battery. Stay away from Lipo battery packs, and stay away from Chinese battery cells.
Sorry I’m not of more help. Feel free to read my build threads. Hope they are of some help. Do your research and build it right the first time!
![]()