Holland board build V2

You could try spray foam in-between layers… This stuff is sticky and light… Plus if you choose the right type for your foam… You might not be able to tell where it was glued!

1 Like

So. Pull the blocks apart, foam, and put them together again?
(pur: https://www.karwei.nl/assortiment/soudal-brandvertragende-pur-bouwschuim-500-ml/p/B521868 )

Hi Kian, I have some experience with Super 77 and it’s a great product for a lot of uses but just as you mentioned, it’s doesn’t work that well on joining EPS blanks, my advice to you is take it apart if possible and instead use expanding spray foam for insulation/construction.
Edit: Video
Prepare a lot of weights dumbbells/bricks etc.
You must work quickly!

1 Like

Yeah assuming they will come apart easily! I used this technique before and it blended in very nicely! Look for spray foam with smaller voids/higher density, it should work!

1 Like

Hi Kian,

I would use a PU glue, unlike PURfoam this is not expanding. This one works like a charm

A little late in responding…

If the Super 77 doesn’t work, a good option is to use some epoxy that doesn’t destroy foam (super bond or west systems) and silica. The thickened epoxy creates a good bond between the blocks of foam and can be easily sanded.

1 Like

Hi all!
I am at my first try with an efoil and also with a board… I’m trying to understand what to buy, materials, tools and how to shape.
I would like to know if in your opinion a 100% foam body will be stiff enough or do I need some wood reinforcement. I would like a carbon finish, I’ve seen carbon sheets on Ali express, are they good? 1 layer is enough.
I also have many doubts about mast placement, does it goes directly in to my waterproof box?
Sorry many questions… if someone could help me to start I would really appreciate it, maybe also in a new topic to do not bother other people!
Thank you