Hybrid Foils Nano Pod DIY

Has anyone successfully managed to design and print their own version of the Nano pod? About to start modelling one now which i will be happy to share, but just checking there isn’t already a good file avail in this forum or one someone is happy to share?

pod

This pod was inspired / copied (without credit) from my design Here

Files in the thread somewhere which is a good starting point for you.

Thanks mate. Sorry to hear that your idea was copied without credit. Not really in the spirit of what this forum is intended for. I am working on a slightly different version now. Out of interest, how have you found it for drag & weight when compared to the traditional 2 part clamping pod mount?

I only used the foil assist for a few sessions before developing the Boogie so I’m not too sure.

In the scheme of things I don’t thing the pod design has a noticeable impact on touch down drag compared to a cross section of the motor, the cable tape job, or in the instance of the Foildrive G2 the box under your board.

The main idea with the design was for quick changes, sharing the system and a fun design challenge. No one wants to be messing with m3 screws on the beach!

5 Likes

This is good! I like this as it capitalizes on not only switching quick but supports different mast shapes. Not to mention the screw holes to the motor. Can I ask for a link to the STL files?
Please & Thank you!

One thing i cant quite work out is how you are meant to pull the strap tight once the motor is already mounted in place since it looks like it will block / interfere with the exit of the strap somewhat. Assuming mounting motor is the first step to make this whole concept worth while.