I need some help😄

Ok, so I’m in high school right now and I’m currently restoring an old stand up jet ski just for fun, I plan on using it for about a year, and selling it to fund an efoil project. I understand that it’s not going to be easy which is why I’m doing as much research as I can 1-2 years away. I just have a few questions

1. Are there any books you would recommend reading to learn about esc’s, volts, wattage, power, etc. just to give me some background knowledge before I start the project?

2. Is this project something that should be left to engineers and really really smart people or is it attainable. (I’m going to build one regardless just curious)

3. What would be the best gearbox, battery, and motor setup that money could buy. Like if I had no budget and wanted something that could reliably go 40-45+ kmh. And 1-2 hour of ride time

4. How do you get the hole in the mast for the wires, is there a special mast you can buy or should I make the holes myself

I’m pretty comfortable with my skills to build a board, carbon fiber, and putting everything together, I’m just somewhat new to all the technical electrical stuff, like what is compatible with what. I just don’t want to blow anything up :smile:

Diy efoil is for anyone that can use tools and is willing to put some effort in learning. If you build with a known system setup then it’s mainly to bolt the stuff together and do some electrical connections.

The battery is normally the most complicated part of many builds since most here build batteries made of 18650 or 21700 cells, this can be simplified if you use EV cells or lipo pouches. This will save the work of connecting hundreds of cylindrical cells together.

The hole in the mast is cut with a dremel, grinder or drill, whatever tool you’ve got, the thing to note is that hole edges need to be sanded totally round and smooth to avoid wire damages.