IDEA SHARE - Push Boogie System

The Push-Boogie System for Foil Surfing and Downwind Foil Surfing.

My Foil Drive Assist Plus is a great gadget for this old guy’s foil surfing. I love how I can catch the smallest unbroken waves that others cannot catch.

But I have a yearning to foil surf on a naked foil board with with no motor and battery box attached to it. I came up with this idea and want to share it widely.

The Push Boogie is fastened to the foil board by a plate between the foil baseplate. The quick disconnect hitch allows the rider to disconnect the push boogie instantly.
The rider has a wearable GPS tracker that transmits his or her position to the Push Boogie. Perhaps this would be done by an Apple Watch. The rider can request the Push Boogie to hold at a location or travel to the rider. Perhaps the Push Boogie would be shared by multiple users. Somehow, each rider in the group would have their own Apple Watch and a uniquely coded hand throttle. Each user would just need to wait online.

I’m hoping the Push Boogie becomes a reality for me soon at a reasonable price point. Please share the Push Boogie Idea widely. IMG_5623

Pushing has always been a bad idea as it is unstable, you don’t push a trailer, do you ?
Pulling is the most stable solution.

4 Likes

I revised the description and concept sketch.

The Push-Boogie System for Foil Surfing and Downwind Foil Surfing.

My Foil Drive Assist Plus is a great gadget for this old guy’s foil surfing. I love how I can catch the smallest unbroken waves that others cannot catch.

But I have a yearning to foil surf on a naked foil board with with no motor and battery box attached to it. I came up with this idea and want to share it widely.

I can’t afford to buy a Takuma tow boogie for $15,000 USD.

The Push Boogie is implemented using a custom board with a detachable rear tail section that has battery, electric motor, electronics and servo operated rudder. This detachable tail section is the Push Boogie. The system will be designed to allow the rider to detach the Push Boogie with the press of a button.
People who don’t want to buy a Push Boogie can buy the board only so they will be ready for a push from someone else’s Push Boogie.

The rider has a wearable GPS tracker that transmits his or her position to the Push Boogie. The rider would be have an Apple Watch with the Push Boogie App. The rider can request the Push Boogie to hold at a location or travel to the rider. A Push Boogie could be shared by multiple users.

Each rider in the group would have their own Apple Watch with the Push Boogie App and a uniquely coded hand throttle. Each user would just need to wait in line for the Push Boogie to arrive.

I’m hoping the Push Boogie will become available and be much less expensive than a high end efoil. And I hope that people can rent the board and the pay for pushes.

Please share the Push Boogie Idea widely.

You basically looking for a foil assist transfer setup. Not hard to do but simply a dangerous idea…
Enough people do this and you end up with a load debris to foil around and assist setups hitting people in surf zones… If you don’t want the weight on the board, strap the batteries to your back and you’ll have your assist anytime you want it.