Is the Trampa 75/300 really a good choice for Efoil?

@cimw96dm7:
Thinking about these controller issues, just to rule this out as a possible killer of more controllers: it could be wise to do an isolation test between your motor shell/screws/axle and the phase connections. If you have an isolation issue then you might end up destroying everything that you connect, now and in the future.

hallo

im sorry for your problems

i want to weld an vesc into the mast, short cables and just the battery cable down the mast.

So i am intrestet in a broken Vesc, so i can testing it welding it into or untder the mast and make a sealed cover. Under all of it, i will make a mount for fiting the Levitaz Foil system.

i am from schwitzerand :slight_smile:

Hi Lars,

I checked for phase shorts. Nothing there. One phase just came loose and totally killed the vesc.
I have connectors with about 5cm play between board and mastplate, but still…

When riding at about 3m depth on super safe sand bottom, it felt like I hit a wall ant the mast broke of backwards.
Best theory is that it was a hefty fish. We have some mini whales called “tumblers” in southers sweden occasionally.

Hi,

Trampa could not fix my first 2 Vesc, just got the news today, so I might be able to help you out when they are returned to me.
Would not recomment having VESC in mast though. You should keep battery cables below 30cm, otherwise you need to add extra capacitor banks. The phase wires can be >100cm though, no problem.
There is now a 300€ machined box to put above mastplate being ioffered from elevate. It could be rather practical, but still quite hard to water proof.
I have no problem with passive cooling using small alu box (as pacificmeister) welded onto a larger alu battery compartment.

Haha you want to ALU weld a VESC to the strut? I have some test VESC’s enclosures I could try to weld on for you :stuck_out_tongue:.

I need no testwelder. I know it would weld good but it is then no t6 aluminium enymore, but this dose not mather very much, when the hardnes gos away…
The heat conection is more importand i think…
I am a pro welder… i do it al day at work :innocent:

Oo yes this makes sens… ac curent transfers much bether trough a cable than dc… :innocent: thank you very much for this reminder… so i will put the vesc above the mast not near as posible to the motor

I also had a broken Vesc 75 300. See here: Vesc 75/300 burned | VESC Project
After lots of emails they send me a new one, because they understood that it was a firmware fault, not mine. Regards Oliver

Yes, i am not impressed by Trampa quality. If you pay for premium quality that you think you do at minimum i would expect some basic coating at least so it would handle some drops of water in case of accident would happen.
If they offer an option to pay 50 pound More for silicone sealed option i would be fine but now i do not think they are good.
I also burned my 75/300 on my First test run this summer.
I thought i didn’t have any water leakage, tested empty before but i had a small leakage and get in some water. Some small drops maked to The box with my vesc and it burned. I did not even got The chance to test it for real. Five min and I got a burned one.

That sucks! I feel for you. Next time, waterproof additional box for the esc if needed…

1 Like

Maybe you can try this two HGLTECH vesc below.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001437512516.html?spm=2114.12010615.8148356.1.8b857df6DPXKGO
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001380664385.html?gps-id=pcStoreJustForYou&scm=1007.23125.137358.0&scm_id=1007.23125.137358.0&scm-url=1007.23125.137358.0&pvid=9fbd9eae-2c75-457e-b3ec-8be105342203&spm=a2g0o.store_home.smartJustForYou_650142565.5

Hello
I am about to buy a new 300A trampa vesc, as I just fried my 75/200 flypsky vesc, should I flood the vesc with corrosion X in the waterproof case, should I provide an additional heatsink for cooling or is it enough,
do you still recommend a trampa are you still happy with yours thank you

2 Likes

Hi.

I’m what? Two years now? With my 75/300 submerged in corrosion X.

Work good, lasts long time.

Moisture kills…

:call_me_hand:

Hello
thank you for your answer, how much corrosion X do you put? do you have a photo?

I had to, sry. It’s actually my most liked post

2 Likes

It’s detailed.in my build. Basically it’s filled up just untill the corrosion X is flush with the top of the VESC. So it’s just barely submerged. The Bluetooth signal is strong. I was worried if I was too deep in the liquid the Bluetooth signal might be weak. Plus, no need any more than that for protection. It’s expensive. And extra weight.

:call_me_hand:

very good, have you installed a switch on your trampa?

No switch. I just turn the remote off.