Jezza's Second Build

Deep testing revision 2 in 10-15 days,
Then we will launch small production batch of 10 units i think for september :wink:

EDIT - > the price will be around 500€ vat ex

Dimensions will be the following , 72160

4 Likes

I like your box. Where may I find one?

Which box? Are you talking about my hatch?

Yes, I like the plastic compartment. Is that something I can purchase?

Also, did you 3D print your mast clamp?

No, the compartment is built into the board. And then the clear top is 8mm polycarbonate.
An easier way to do the compartment might be to mould it first and then glass it in.

The mast mount is the flying rodeo mount. I bought 2 from him as they are way better than 3D printing them.

Looks great! Good job on the glassing.

Charlie from grey paddle boards did the glassing for me (I was too lazy). He did a great job! Board is fantastic to ride.

1 Like

Yeah I love the Flying Rodeo motor. It is so efficient.

1 Like

I would love an FR motor unit but unfortunately my budget doesn’t stretch that far. From what I’ve seen, they are worth the money.

Jezza, your batteries are very far ahead in the board. Doesn`t it bother when starting? Or is it more pleasant when more weight is in the front?
I’m just shaping my board and can change a lot … it will be 140x60x14cm

I calculate with almost 10 kg of batteries

The battery falls between my feet, slightly closer to the front foot. If you look at the lift board you’ll see the battery sits in a similar position.
Getting up on my boards is super easy!

I am still riding my board with the battery case in front , board is around 2,4m , case is 10-12kg , so yes it can be done but it gets very tricky when front hit the water or when turning , also needed to anticipated … so better between feet

wow! 2,4m!!! :blush:
okay, I will put it between my feet.
Thanks

Yes … :sweat_smile:

ha, looks almost the same…:rofl::sweat_smile::joy:

1 Like

Hello Jezza,
Since I see you posting regularly, I was wondering what your build looks like today ?
How often do you ride, and what’s your current best setup ?

I haven’t ridden in about a month and a half. The weather has been terrible in the UK.
Build wise I have modified my first board so that all the electronics are internal. The board weighs in really light. So my main unit is:
Board: 5ft x 60cm x 8cm
Motor: 65161 with FR prop on a gong mast
Foil: slingshot h2 and soon a new unifoil 170
Battery: 35Ah 12s14p Samsung 25r cells
ESC: on 12s I have a arc200 but for 14s I have Nics wavemaker and a swordfish 300a

There are a few other things in the pipeline this year but we’ll see how they pan out first before I publicise them.

1 Like

Pretty tiny board ! Les than 160cm ?
How much battery amps do you need to get on the foil and then to foil ?

A lot depends on the foil! I normally just get the board on the plane first then stand up and pop the foil up. I’d say to get the board on the plane is use 60A. With a unifoil hyper 210 I was on the foil with 18A and the unifoil hyper 170 about 20/22A.

Hey Jezza saw on another thread that you considered selling this build? Wondered if still the case?

Wondered if you’d have an opinion on this thread of mine considering you are using the HA unifoils?

I’m up the road (up the Thames so to speak) near Witney.