Starting with a placeholder that I can then edit.
First tests were completed on Sunday with an FR direct drive motor and board went amazingly well. I just need to get some pics and then I can upload everything.
Board: Temevento Slalom
Foil: Chinese foil (Slingshot Gamma 68cm copy)
Motors: - FR direct drive (not my motor but used it for testing the board)
- PG 6384 100KV Direct drive (Still need to test it)
- SSS 5684 750KV with Torqeedo 1003 gear
ESC: Freefly ARC200 with heatsink and watercooling
Battery: 12S14P (35Ah) with Samsung 25R cells. Fused discharge and BMS charging.
Now for some pics…
First the board. I still need to fix up the paint after the modifications. The board weighs in just under 10Kg, but 2.4 kg’s of that is the polycarbonate lid. In time the plan is to make a hinged carbon fibre hatch.
Now for the motor unit. This time I decided to make some parts from delrin. I went with a flying rodeo mast clamp (same design as Lift) which is aluminium and has the water tube inlet built in. I then milled an adaptor for the front of the drive. I used aluminium for a coupler between motor and gear, the delrin for the rear of the drive.