LEVOSURF Diy kits

Hi everyone :call_me_hand: :call_me_hand:
we are LEVOSURF from France, we are developping our efoil for nearly 3 years now.
Our goal is to offer a low budget ultra efficient efoil kit or parts for the diyer, with many parts printed, cnced and assembled in France.
We work on a really simple inflatable board system, that can be packed in a small car for holidays, it has been tested at sea or lakes flawlessly.
We will offer 2 wings, one for the beginner or slow cruising, the second for faster ride, both will be very efficient.

We will offer the complete foil + propulsion unit with a plastic non cutting propeller, and also the inflatable board with waterproof box with integrated VESC.

Here are the specifications :
-Range 30km on a 1700Wh battery (12s12p) at 22km/h average (theorical at full discharge is 39km)
-top speed around 40km/h with the small wing and 35km/h with the big one
-Weight 25Kg
-Strong drop stitch with recommended pressure of 18psi.
-Powered by high quality VESC, in IP68 case

See our 25KM test ride (it was a slow ride but a 22-24km/h might be a bit more efficient)

We are still perfecting the board for beginners, and will unveil prices soon, what guys do you think, any suggestions ? :surfing_man: :surfing_woman:
Here is the picture of our 2019 proto, the foil / motor is totally different now :slight_smile:

Cheers

4 Likes

Nice, so whats the matter of this Picture, If everything is different now? :thinking:

2 Likes

I think for many diy users board only with mast mount will be very interesting.

3 Likes

Backed. I would be very interested in that board. How is the cable management from the mast mount to the electronics box done?

1 Like

We will update the picture with the last version ASAP

It will also be offered (different packs), also you will be able to buy a propulsion unit with high level of efficiency, strength and safety

Sounds interesting. Looking forward to reading more info

Hi Levosurf, it seems to be interesting to propose different packages. Where are you located in France?

I personally think the board could have a better design! Are you guys planning on integrating the waterproof box more seamlessly in the inflatable board. I think even the DIY community is moving away from the pelican case inside a cavity style. Also, as far as carving and riding the board, I’m not sure that having all this weight in front of you is ideal! I think it should between your legs. Otherwise, the idea of having a diy kit is great. I’m looking forward to see the latest version of it.

2 Likes

I would love to see the newest design and price point of your inflatable board as well. Will you sell it separately from the motor?

1 Like

Hi,

our goal is to keep prices low and production easy while mainting it reliable.

We are developping other configurations, and we will offer the best one.

Thank you

Yes we will offer the parts separately

It is end of October now … where are the (promised) information about your product?

Is there any news in that?

Their latest is just strapping a box to a Gong Hipe:

Its a pretty easy route for DIY if you don’t mind the case on top of the board…

Hello builders !
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Sorry for the delay, the covid event delayed our project,
We will provide a full kit board+propulsion system in late 2021
And in few days We will sell a secondary kit that can fit a regular foil board, (gong hipe prefered)

In both cases the full propulsion system is sold complete (motor mast propeller propeller guard and fuselage)
And the fuselage will be gong Wing compatible :confetti_ball:

Our system is so efficient that We Can foil with as low as 640w,
Cruise @23kmh with approx 1100w strap on gong hipe in a minute, fit in a bag transport and keep the board for wingfoiling the rest of the time
Ps: We have been testing our system for 3 years

We will make a first 10pcs batch so please DM me for orders

ok, good news.
about battery and esc it will be located as in previous pictures on the board upper back?

Looking good.
'https://www.instagram.com/levosurf/?hl=en

In addition to ESC and battery, could you tell us more about…
1- motor,
2- hydrofoil: is it custom or Gong too ?
3- remote control brand (custom, Maytech, Erayfoil, … )?
4- 640W under 48V is only 13 amps… that’s far below the previous record 18A
5- price tag

Hi,

1- 65 inrunner with high high quality bearings and sealing, full aluminium mast connection, and plastic 2 blade propeller with high aspect ratio, We have been using 2 blades propeller for 2 years now and we love it for the efficiency.
2- Both, in a first time we will sell a propulsion unit that will accept gong wings and stabs,
later we will provide also a full kit for people who wants a complete set
3- Still comparing
4- We will try to provide you vesc record so you can appreciate speed vs consumtion more precisely.

After making 4 prototypes with box in the back, in the front, full rigid compartment etc… We choose to put the box on the top of the board, it is better for water ingress (as the box doesn’t touch the water), and cost saving The board is easier to build.

Our product best usage is cruising from 18kmh to 35kmh, we want our product to be fun, affordable and safe.

We use modified MC4 solar connectors with XT90 connectors, affordable easy to replace, reliable.

5- Approx 990€ vat ex. for the complete propulsion unit without wings.

Regards :wink:

1 Like