Liftfoil battery catching fire in Barcelona

I think we all saw the video of this burning Liftfoil in spain…
burning Liftfoil battery, Barcelona

Luckily no one got hurt…does anyone know if there is any insurance that covers such kind of desasters? I mean some kind of third party liability that covers such failures?
Or is Liftfoil liable for such a system failure?

1 Like

i think you need to wait and see, a lot used lift board for sale around now, it might be another battery inside that took fire…

You mean the battery inside could have been a not original Liftfoil battery? who else is selling batteries that you can use in a Liftfoil?

You can get a used board , with a dead battery , you swap the controller put another battery , diy or lipo and back on the water … the motor is great , board are hard to built…

Board, motor , foil from lift but what was inside that took fire , that we don’t know for sure

Well I don´t think that makes to much sense, as even used ones are around 8-10000$. Only boards+motor are usually around 4-5000$ so if someone ads own controller and battery he is still around 6000$…Makes no sense to do this, as there are new boards around for that price;-)

I see…but makes much more sense to buy a FR or flipsky motor then and buil one for 3500€ instead of spending 8000 on a used one with self made battery a.s.o…

Shit happens even to the expensive brands :roll_eyes:

1 Like

There is another battery that caugh fire … check the video… https://www.instagram.com/p/CfUUMLgJKHR/
Is i possible that it got heated up that much that it self ignites? Is there no way to build an alarm, that at least warns you, once the battery get`s hot or overtemperature?