Manta Foils officially offering DIY remotes & Props

Hello guys :slightly_smiling_face:

After successfully trying it out with a few customers, we are now officially offering the new Manta remote to DIY builders. This is the remote we offer for the TakeOff Foil assist, and our eFoils. It was fully upgraded this summer 2024 for the TakeOff.

• Power settings: adjust if you want a slow/medium/fast throttle ramp when you accelerate
  • Boogie steering
  • GPS logs on Manta smartphone app
  • Live power consumption, remaining use time and KM
  • Safety lock: unlock it manually, choose after how many seconds you want it to lock
  • Bright display (1000nits!), choose to turn it off while riding, of after how many seconds
  • Big autonomy: we usually do 4x sessions of 1.5h with it
  • Benefit from the future software updates

It is available with a standalone receiver that provides VESC connectivity (VCC, GND, TX, RX, PPM). PPM signal can be used for throttle or steering servo for a tow boogie (configurable in the remote’s menu). Battery voltage display is supported: 12s and 14s.

The remote is on our Store in the TakeOff accessories’ section:
https://www.mantafoils.com/online-store/Manta-Remote-p693402835

Select the optional receiver when ordering the remote at the top right of the page.

And as a reminder, we provide to many DIY builders some propellers:

Write to us at sales at mantafoils.com would you have any questions :call_me_hand:
Cheers!
Thomas & Renaud

6 Likes

Thank you making it official! I had wondered earlier this year if it was possible to use the Manta remote with a Vesc. Now that it seems the Fero/Felix remote is not easily available the Manta remote can fill the high-end remote space.

1 Like

What about us 15S users?

To write things down, 2024 19 10:

• Remote + receiver: 515usd (395+120), not for any budget
  • Propeller: 125usd

Not yet available. We will think about it during the next firmware dev if the demand is there. :+1:

Hmmmm… So I guess you need a lot of DIY’ers who use your remote and use a 15S to think about adding this option!

In that case I guess it will never happen

We are testing it now with a customer who placed an order and will confirm once he validates that it works, as we don’t have a 15s on hand to quickly confirm it.

1 Like

I have just send you a personal message.