Mantafoils new remote

To.be honest , i have other priorities at this moment :slight_smile:

1 Like

I meant as a costless feature that would be very interesting for a remote control. After all, It is only a governor mode based on rpm useful for both beginners and DiYers.

1 Like

No I understand what you want…A cruise control via motor RPM with the ability to go up in 500rpm increments.

Again though its not needed to calculate efficiency of the prop or wing (which you stated was the purpose). You don’t need any constants to calculate the efficiencies. You can just plug in a formula and graph the efficiencies in a dynamic environment.

A more interesting approach to calculate the foils speed relative to water would be to add a paddlewheel. This would remove any water currents from the equation. This mapped to a data logger along with dynamic RPM, Voltage and current would give a solid idea on prop and foil performance.

Would it be possible to order it custom with 433mhz instead of 2.4ghz? I understand the cutoff issues and regulatory concern but I’m a buyer @433mhz. in USA Lpd433 can only be used by licensed operators and in most of the EU it’s fine.

I’m willing to sign an indemnity clause or a clause that states that I’ve got all the needed certifications to operate on that band. :pray:

No can’t because the current code those not integrate that feature. Sorry.

Yes I’m not asking @Mantafoils for a plotting application, a tool will plot the data provided by the data logger. A spreadsheet could even do that with a csv file containing 10 to 20 coordinates. An Open Office macro can do that.

I don’t, however prop rpm ranging from a to b at determined steps is a working framework easily understandable / reproducible from anywhere in the world to compare N wings/props/motors during the same session preferably on a lake or calm sea without wind or current.

Have you noticed that when it comes to comparison, today there’s no polar/visual tool to say that a given prop is better than another one according to a given criterion (speed range /autonomy, …).

A cruise control via motor RPM triggered from the remote with the ability to go up in, say, 500rpm increments can offer that. This protocol could allow to superpose curves coming from Russia with cuves coming from Tampa :call_me_hand:

[Edit] how does a mast thickness influence speed, here Axis 16mm vs Axis 19mm ? A tailored mission for a stepped rpm cruise control remote:
'Custom mast ideas - #15 by SoEFoil

In stock, shipping, June 15th

Just so people dont get caught out like I did. He mentioned earlier in the post a price of $270 and said this included the receiver and wireless charger. Unfortunately this is not correct and the Remote is $385 complete with the receiver.

I was looking forward to getting one until he dropped that price! Bit of a shame really.

2 Likes

Same here as pointed out early in this thread. 300$+ is nogo for me.

We were hoping to be able to drop our costs but that is not possible for the time being.
Maybe later as production volumes ramps up

… i think you will not sell enough Remotes for that prize, so costs wil be never go down :wink:

2 Likes

He also sells complete boards, so if they sell many completes then that means many remotes…

Will the remote work with any vesc firmware ? (I didn’t update my 300/75 since last year …)

It has been tested on the vesc 75 series so far (trampa and Chinese ones) and so far so good.

Sounds good! But price needs to be <300$ for us beta-testers on this forum, then you will get alot of valuable feedback as well.
We can’t all afford to live in Dubai you know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can you provide specifics on the auto lock feature? I finally got my board going with vesc 100/250 ( flipsky 75/200 never worked right and flipsky is unresponsive). I Would consider this,if only for the added safety feature, to let the kids ride it.

The auto lock feature is yet to be fully implemented.
Right now if you release the trigger it will immediately lock the remote.

Next step is adding some additional accelerometer based logics that understand the motion of the remote and can stop if you fall. It’s quite tricky to make work as you don’t want to stop with false triggers while riding

Thanks for quick response. Agree the logic would be tricky. There Can be a lot of arm flailing while learning. Waiting to see what you come up with.

Signal strength is a concern. My maytech v2 has signal drop problems, if you lay on the board. It is inside an aluminum box, under a carbon hatch, and then covered up by one human. So that is a lot to get through.

@Mantafoils The remote doesn’t seem to be available in the shop now. Will you offer it in 2022 for DiYers with receiver and charger ? If yes at which price ?

I hope we will be able to release it soon. we have a small hardware bug we are trying to clear out. firmware and all the rest is working well since quite some time.
we got our pcb 2 weeks ago and find out an issue that passed through our initial tests of prototypes so we are now working on fixing this so that we could finally release our board…

painful process and far from being a cheap experience :slight_smile:

3 Likes