Marcus 1st winter build [south of Lower Saxony / Germany]

Would it be possible that you send some pictures of how you connected the balancer Cable to the cells ?

You´ll see it above:

And here:

Nickel strips left one tab a little bit longer (under the blue shrinktube) for the balancer connector.
(in CAD picture from battery pack not drawn)

Hi Marcus, how did you secure the boxes for the batteries? I am using similar boxes for my batteries. I also see you have a 4th grey wire going into one of the boxes, what is this wire for?

The grey wire is for antispark. It‘s battery plus connected to VESC plus with a resistor to limit current for uncharged VESC capacitors.

The battery boxes are secured with hook tape and additional withe a 3D printed part that ist glued at the hatch cover.

Today maidenflight @ sunshine and 5°C watertemperature :blush:
Most time for first ride on knees, 20% standing.
Was not easy, board is very „zappelig“ in german.
Will try some other setups

https://youtu.be/c0ahoO0t68M

2 Likes

1 Like

What app is that you are using for logging?

Logging is done by FeRo remote: link

For visualization there is a app

Foiling on Fulda River :grinning:

2 Likes

By the 32 N Have you put anything between your 3d Print and the fluid? So the 32 N doesn’t stick to ist?

Directly poured in the 3D mold without any release agent. The Wagnersil silicone is sticking to nothing (maybe only to itself?)
After short time of reaction time (~20 minutes) very easy to peel out of the form without any sticking.
It‘s also possible to mold with undercuts because of the soft Wagnersil.
I love this blue fluid :slight_smile:

Bad wheather in Germany :cold_face:
Time to build second battery pack. Again 2x 7S8P to have 14S8P with Molicell P42.
The first same pack with ~1.6kWh gave me on my first 7 rides now a operating time of ~1 hour and something over 17km range.

3 Likes

From where do you order ist I also live in Germany?

It was from the big warehouse at the Amazonas: —> LINK

1 Like

Oh sorry i Mean the 21700 Molicell P42

And did you 3d Printet the Holder fpr the Cells by your selve?

Nkon in NL, but they are now sold out :sunglasses:

yes, see CAD picture somewhere above

Little update after 4 month of foiling, 2 month of it excessiv :slight_smile: 3-4 times a week at the end with trying to jump.

The acrylic frame under the gasket broke at several locations and I had some water inside the box. Not critical because all electronic components are inside at least IP67 boxes, but not nice.
I decided to replace by an frame out of 3mm aluminium, 2mm would have been also ok. Again sealed/glued with Dekalin.
Let‘s see how good it will work. For now it is 100% tight again :hugs:

3 Likes

It was a great season (still foiling) with estimated more than 3000km on the water :smiley:
One highlight was one week with 24/7 foiling on the Eastsee in Boltenhagen in September 2023

For 2024 I want a new board: Smaller, less weight, faster opening/closing of hatch, longer Gong V2 mast with more stiffness.
Build of V2 has started now… see new post

3 Likes