Maytech 65162 motor and 300A ESC troubleshoot

Motor and ESC worked ok on bench with 7" standard white prop and for about 10-20 minutes in water, but now just "cogs’ roughly and slowly regardless of throttle setting. Using 14S battery pack. Throttle calibration and ESC settings seem fine. Tested ESC with large R/C motor and it works. So motor is suspect. I see consistent resistance across the phases, and voltage there when I hand spin the prop, so it seems the windings are not open or shorted. What should the static winding resistance for a single phase be? What is the best way to check the motor? Open the end by the shaft or the end by the wire entry? Any other clues?
Thanks!

Hello wollysf.
I had two times the same problem like you, in diferents scenarios.

• The remote controller didn’t send the signal correctly. When the motor worked without load works fine, but when I tried in the water, I had the same problem like you.
  • Another think was a bad solder between the wire and the connectors

Really appreciate the input. Mine is probably different in that I am testing just with wired “servo tester” for the ESC speed control, no remote. So no possible issue there. I have tried to inspect the motor wires pretty carefully to see if a break but have not seen any. And I measure nice small resistance phase to phase and it varies as I spin the motor, so connections seem ok. And ESC works with another smaller e-bike motor I have. Leads me to think it is internal to the motor - perhaps a partial short? What’s the best way to inspect? What static resistance phase to phase in the 65162 should I be seeing?
Thanks everyone!