Motor stutter due to UART connection?

Hi,

following issue: maytech remote works fine in ppm mode. Once I add the tx/rx connection I can see the data in the remote, but the motor is now stuttering at 0-95% duty. I switched the remote&receiver (I have ordered two) and everything is fine.no stutter with UART connection.
If I add metr to the faulty receiver everything is also working fine. Did somebody else faced this issue? I have seen lately some stutter motor issue, I would advice to test your setup first without UART communication towards receiver

Regards

Does it stutter in current control mode as well? I don’t use duty control because of maybe this issue… Might be the uart vesc is only sending integers or something.

Hi, I have exactly the same issue with my Maytech remote - all works fine with just PPM but when connecting UART then I get motor stutter, and what is worse is that the remote disconnects from the receiver for a short periods (1 second) every 20 to 30 seconds. Glad to read that someone has experienced this issue. I only have the one remote but my workaround is to not use the Maybetch UART but using Metr instead to get live data. (I even suspect that this UART issue made me toast my first VESC that I had to replace before I noticed this UART issue).

1 Like

I noticed my motor was noisy at low speeds when the maytech receiver was connected with RX/TX for uart.