My "Quick and Dirty" Tow Boogie, Foil Assist etc

Yes, I moved the ESC to another case once. I also had a bad connection between the receiver and the antenna. No problem, I took the receiver out, cleaned the connector from silicone and connected it again.

I suppose you can always just sacrifice any silicone wire that’s bonded in and then replaced that.
Which silicone are you using?

This is a local manufacturer, the brand of the compound will hardly tell you anything. This is a regular silicone compound for junction boxes, Ip68. Transparent with good flow. I also tried opaque white, the flow was worse and it was more difficult to remove.
By the way, I saved all the wires when moving them. On one, a small section of insulation was damaged during cleaning. I unsoldered the end of the wire, carefully removed the silicone with a utility knife and applied heat shrink.

What is it, a foil drive below board thing? I wonder since it’s not looking tow related.

This is Foil Starter

1 Like

I suppose that the silicone accounts for a significant portion of that 4.6kg.
Could you use PU?

Your assumption is absolutely wrong. The main mass consists of 21700 cells. The weight of the original FD Max with a large battery, by the way, is 4.5 kg.

2 Likes

Looks good. Do you have photos of the top? Is it 3d printed and is it strong enough to bolt the mast through the unit?

Regarding the second question, I have already answered it.

2 Likes

Hello, working on something similar, can you share files?

1 Like

Unfortunately, I can’t post the model yet, but here are a couple of photos to help you understand the concept.

2 Likes

Thanks, Interested to know how you make sure that the battery does not fold down due to water force. I see the 4 holes th the board travel axis, they have some tubes or sliding function for the battery? I ordered the same latch you used, cheap on amazon.

I don’t quite understand why the battery should fold. The cells are housed in a housing.

And yes, the battery is also filled with silicone.

Device parameters with 11s2p “Sport” battery: weight 3.3 kg, length 375 mm. Original FD2 - 3.4 kg, 415 mm.

2 Likes

How you injected the silicone?

I use 50 and 100 milliliter syringes.

And you create entry hole and a few exit holes (to make sure it filled the volume) in the enclosure?

Which cells did you go for? Molicel P42a? P45b?

Thanks

Yes (Post must be… must be…)

1 Like

Molicel P45b - 11s2p, Lishen - 11s3p

1 Like