Need assistance building foiling prototype in UK

Brand new here - so hello…

I have come up with a design for a long range foiling ‘Carrier’ and need to produce a scale model of it asap - I’m based in UK on South Coast

It needs to ‘carry’ approx 500kg over 100km so its probably going to be 4 or 5 mtrs long with a decent hefty battery - but hoping someone has experience with Quadrofoil or something like that - ideally wanting it to look like Kotaro Horiuchi bullet boat or similar…

I have no experience of foiling per se but am a pilot, and a skipper so understand the basics :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance

T

Are you talking about the OU32?

That’s a pretty large scale model, I haven’t seen many here with the skillset to produce something that large. Whats the turnaround time you need?

Hi Jezza,

Sorry for the confusion - the real one will be same size as Kotaro vessel like this - but I need to build a scale of about 1 mtr to trial first and that is what I need to get built - ideally asap !bullet 2

Haha that makes more sense now. That’s the OU32 hydrofoil.

PM me your budget, I do know someone that does do some carbon/fibreglass stuff, but I haven’t chatted to him on a while and not quite sure if he still works in that area…

Probably a few hundred quid - hard to say really as don’t know what the costs should be? very simple hull structure as its only a carrier system so no internal cabins or anything like that - is he UK based?

Thanks

Check Rctestflights videos on YouTube. He has made a few small foiling RC boats.

Hard to do as you need an active control system, since there is no person to balance the board.

Models don’t scale that well in water, you can’t just apply a 1:10 ratio and expect things to work out, especially with foils were weird things happen like ventilation.

Sounds like a fun project, but one that needs several £1000s to develop if you do not have the electronic, programming or manufacturing skills.

Exactly this, hence why I asked the budget. Yes the guy I know is UK based and has done foil design and foil board building. However he doesn’t have the electronic knowledge when it comes to stabilization etc…