New 200A Vesc based Flipsky ESC

• 800A has to do with the absolute measurement capability of the FSESC components. This number has nothing to do with anything other than I * R = 1.65 Volts, where I = 800 Amperes and R = .2 milliohms.
  • 200A is likely the maximum burst you could fit through the transistors for a very short period of time without damaging them. Like 2 seconds.
  • 120A is probably the maximum long burst you could get out of the FSESC for 30 seconds to 1 minute.

The limitation is how heat travels from the switches to the outside environment, and conduction is probably not a well understood concept at Flipsky. I wish it was.

200A is a marketing value :sneezing_face:

Yup that firmware should sort you out, I had the same error on battery limit and that hardware sorted me out

Did you use it at more than 12S ?

14S but only in test on the bench so far

It is the same for me, hopefully soon on the water

1 Like

Hi, I have an easy time to foil with 120amp max. I am using FS65161 motor (100kv) with FR prop. Mast is Gong 65cm with Allavator L foil. Board and rider together might be around 120kg. Batt is 12s11p. Top speed is 32km/h.

Regards!

Btw, printed props also work and lift fine

1 Like

Why delete? I read it already :wink:

So, i must say that Flipsky replaces my damaged FSESC 200A and the Antispark Pro!

I am happy about!

5 Likes

Do you have preset current values like these ? The first one reached among 170A motor and 79A battery limits both…

Im interessted too in the flipsky 200a. But what about all the settings and terms like FOC etc ?

I now run 11s 100kv flipsky motor with 500a flier esc, it is a bit noisy, would it be more silent or effecient with the flipsky 200a VESC / FOC ?

The good thing with the flier 500A is that it is such an overkill that watercooling is not needed.

Does Flipsky sent from EU ? No customs hassle ?

Flipsky ships from China. You can get this controller from banggood - it’s even cheaper than flipsky. You can easly get -20% coupons on banggood too, and choose EU Priority line as shipping method - that should avoid taxes in EU.
Btw, flipsky is known for not so good warranty, one reason more to order from banggood.

1 Like

I did that ! Then why everybody buying from Flipsky ?:thinking:

1 Like

There sending it with Royal Mail and thinking that less or no customs

Looking good but I think those blue phases wires are a little small …

1 Like

I think they are only used to pull the motor cables into the mast :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes, you are right!

Sorry I saw now that I store my last entry in the wrong thread :flushed:

I see the stratification without a vacuum has worked…

1 Like

If your vx2 is connected to uart port instead of ppm, you can not affect remote behaviour changing ppm settings.