New build efoil from Dubai

LOL.

In the end I tried to have the rotor inside and to introduce corrosionX with a syringe, it went well. now I have the problem to put the engine cover back. hitting or pushing? my wife looks at me weird with this black vibrator in my hand :wink:

hitting or pushing?

the problem I am having is that the rotor is not in the center and the motor cover does not fit, any trick? Thank you!!!

Remove the rear of the housing (the side the cables enter) then you can line it up easily then it’s what I ended up doing lol

Grind the end of the shaft slightly into a cone. That way it will be easier to enter …

Thanks, but if I remove the bottom cover, where do the wires go, won’t the corrosionX come out?

Wouldn’t it be better if I lowered that lip?

Just grind around 1-2 mm to make easier to fit in bearing hole.

What the heck guys ? No need to grind anything. I have re assembled many motors with much more magnet powers.
Make sure to work horizontally already as it will be easier. Gently push the top cover until it touches the top part of the casing. Then you really just have to play with the top cover and going up and down until it aligns by itself. Remember to push on the top cover while playing like this. Trust me it will align by itself as I did it countless times already for much powerful motors.

Don’t hit ! You may damage the oring or worse, the top cover part. You just need to push gently.

1 Like

ok I understand. but I think that the bottom is centered and since the motor is magnetized, the rotor sticks to the wall and is not centered at the top and I cannot fit the top cover.

I think my solution will come from where you say. I will try it tomorrow, although the problem with putting it horizontal is that it is full of corrosionX

Just redo , and redo until the rotor is in place , fill it and put the cover back

Probably need do it upside down , yes the iron of the rotor will make it a bit harder , as long the bottom is in , the top cover will center the rest

Yes grinding a angle on the washer could help to fit

Anyway i think rotor in before corrosion x

Looking at your last picture seems to me that isn’t fitted. When is fitted properly top cover part will fit easier. It’s better to do as @Sliman_O without grinding.I did it on my two motors with grinding without issues.

good morning, what a desperation. I think the shaft is not going into the bearing that is in the part where the cables come out.

If you look closely, the bearing of the cover fits snugly on its side of the rotor

, but on the other side it does not fit

I get the impression that either I start to beat it so that it enters the bottom part or I opt for the solution that @osavcic said to grind the bottom part of the shaft

Beat on it will probably put a damp on the balls ring and will reduce bottom bearing life
At this point you can grind as just round the bottom on 1mm to help it center

You can also try to wrap the rotor on a plastic sheet to make some kind of guide to help it to get it in straight , aligned with the bottom bearing

It is a tight fit , as well as the top cover with the shaft joint

And you will face the same problem with the cover o-ring for the can , you will need to push it around its diameter to clip it

Take your time no the hammer

Make sure both shaft and bearing surface is smooth & clean, might need polishing. Put the part with the shaft in freezer for a few hours, then apply very thin oil, it should go in place. If not, something is now damaged, as it was there originally?

well, got it.

You have given me wise advice.

I grinded the bottom of the shaft a little bit, very, very little.

I pushed him to go all the way down. It is seen in the new photo as now the rotor is lower.

Then I put the top cover in by giving small and repeated blows from the top with that wrench and an aluminum tube. With the hand and without blows it was impossible. I think there is nothing broken.

Thank you all very much I hope someone will be of help

4 Likes

Processing: FF514BD6-7E53-4B6B-9D29-BA4016E5BC3B.jpeg…
Processing: 2A2151D3-CE7B-43D9-B867-2E257F8A2EFB.jpeg…
Processing: 405F2ED1-7528-4F25-988C-F20F95F1B403.jpeg…
Processing: 11BEADF5-C51D-4A24-B750-0AE7D37681EE.jpeg…
Processing: 34A0A34F-5905-4078-B850-0A8020C9022F.jpeg…

Hello friend, sorry if I asked you something else again but I’m a bit scared. Your build has a water-cooled VESC and a FLIPSKY VX3, how do you control the water pump? Where do you get the on / off signal for that water pump? I reiterate my thanks for your time. Cheers

Hi

I use à 12v pump but my converter did not arrived so I hook a 3s battery with a latching switch That I waterproofed inside the board … so separate set up for water pump … will be easier to get a converter from 48v to 12v …