New Direct Drive Inrunner 65150

You measure 4 points on the propeller blade at a given diameter and you calculated the pitch , the distance that the propeller will move forward , we are talking about the same thing , I am just giving my conclusion of the measure and calculated pitch

You are right, a given (uncut) point on the blade (same as a point on a screw thread) will mostly follow the same path in water as if the prop was uncut.

Altering the diameter of a prop (cutting it down) stands a good chance of changing the pitch. The reason for this is not because the pitch of the blades changes (you may even find it stays the same), but because the efficiency of the prop changes. When you cut a prop you may increase (or decrease) the prop slip which would result in a changed pitch.
For the prop in question I have measured at a few points and the 5 inch pitch falls inside the area that Virus would have cut off. So on a theoretical basis it looks to have stayed the same.
However to really calculate whether the cut was worthwhile we would need to look at all the data and graphs which are not here.

Very interesting. But why 14 to 20s only. Seem to be the same motor as maytech but cheaper!

Its the same motor. For some reason companies are quoting slightly different specs.

The 6000w can not be hit on 12s that’s why they say 14s, it will work on 12s just fine, this is more proof that maytec doesn’t make this motor

I had a email from Flipsky today that stated that the style of motor i am getting will not have the thread & cap at the shaft end. the website has also been updated…guess what it looks like :wink::wink:

1 Like

The funniest part is that Maytech is still trying to tell me their motor is different :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Do they honestly take us for fools? So tempted to cancel my order and get through flipsky.
The flipsky one is even built exactly to the specs I gave Maytech with the wires :rofl:

2 Likes

Can you post the latest link?

https://flipsky.net/collections/new-accessories/products/brushless-sensored-motor-amphibious-fully-waterproof-motor-65161-195kv-6000w-for-efoil-ejet-boards-ebike?variant=29299334185020

1 Like

Hi,virus. Why is my 140mm diameter yamaha propeller different from yours?Is the fixing hole processed by you?

Hi Benson 7 1/4inches = 184.15mm which is what the propellor is when you buy it. Virus then cut his down to 140mm.

Same. Put painter tape over blade to trace outline. Peel off, trim, and use as template to cut with dremel. I also drill the hole to use airplane prop adapter for 8mm shaft.

next test soon 130mm prop, I’m making some repairs water intake

@chilepin, you should use left hand thread, otherwise the nut might open, as the torque is not transmitted by a torquepin.

@virus, you make such beautiful parts! Please fill that gap between motor and prop with some conical part.

2 Likes

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?919392-Left-Hand-Thread-Prop-Adapter-for-Pushers
The nut hasn’t been an issue. I have some torque slippage but it’s from the shaft coupler.

Water intake inside the motor ?

! !

2 Likes

Can you give us an update with regards to your contact with Hobiba?

Hi Shaun, MOQ is 100pcs,this is quite high. Under this MOQ, let’s say 20pcs for example they will sell at the same price or even higher than what trading companies would offer Reacher, :face_with_hand_over_mouth:MAYTECH​:roll_eyes:, Flipsky to keep them happy

1 Like