New Foil Assist: here is the "TakeOff" from Manta Foils

They launched an Indiegogo campaign

1 Like

@Mantafoils Can you confirm Takeoff works with RL Boards mast please.

yes it does. RL mast is a similar to manta mast.

Interesting…

1 Like

This will be interesting, there’s a couple of companies that have tried and failed a glove style remote.

But thats great idea… With glove style remote i have my hands free to grab the wing or paddle… Thats actually pretty genius. I :heart_eyes: that takeoff Foil System system already :heart_eyes:

Anything worth showing from the MantaFoil presence at Boot Düsseldorf 20-28 jan 2024 ?

This is all we have from Manta Foils

Did they show a TakeOff prototype ?

As we were there on day one, we did not see it, however they might have done so later in the week.

The takeoff prototype was there all the time. You can see it on the picture on the axis mast.

Having said that the video renders of the crowd funding campaign have more recent design.

Key features from the crowdfunding campaign video:

Boot Düsseldorf Video presentation of the system. In French but English subtitles can be selected in Parameters/Automatic translation/English:

@Mantafoils would you mind educating the community on how these waterproof battery packs are constructed and how battery lifetime is affected by the chosen design. Is it a combination of potting and sealed housing or only sealed housing to make the battery pack servicable?
Thank you in advance.

those packs are injection cases which has cover with seals and are fully potted inside. not servicable. Not sure about what you mean by batterie lifetime. each pack has also seals at connectors level to mate with the main hub.

here are few pictures of the current product as designed.
you can also see the initial design used for campaign video vs the final one (narrower)

6 Likes

Thank you for sharing. Looks great!

Actually that looks awesome…Gamechanger in my opinion…Better designed/enginered than #foildrive and as well cheaper… I backed one already and will give some feedback as soon as I get it :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hey everyone exciting times some new technology coming very shortly we would like to introduce our team TakeOff Australia is Here and proud to join the manta team we will be launching real soon please keep an eye on our socials insta and facebook for something special to come . Any questions we’re happy to answer :rocket::grinning: