New to this/ need some help

Ok, so I’m in high school right now and I’m currently restoring an old stand up jet ski just for fun, I plan on using it for about a year, and selling it to fund an efoil project. I understand that it’s not going to be easy which is why I’m doing as much research as I can 1-2 years away. I just have a few questions

1. Are there any books you would recommend reading to learn about esc’s, volts, wattage, power, etc. just to give me some background knowledge before I start the project?
  2. What would be the best gearbox, battery, and motor setup that money could buy. Like if I had no budget and wanted something that could reliably go 45+ kmh. And 1 hour of ride time
  3. How do you get the hole in the mast for the wires, is there a special mast you can buy or should I make the holes myself

I’m pretty comfortable with my skills to build a board, carbon fiber, and putting everything together, I’m just somewhat new to all the technical electrical stuff, like what is compatible with what. I just don’t want to blow anything up :smile:

I think you will find everything you are looking for here, you should maybe take a look around you don’t need to be an engineer to build something like that. Basically it’s a board, a motor, an ESC / VESC, a battery and a remote control.
and I think it is the easiest and most of them will agree with me to use a flipsky 65161 motor with a flipsky or maker x VESC.
Because most masts are hollow and so is no problem with the wires

Thank you, I saw a lot of people using the flipsky setup, and that does seem like the best option. Is cooling a big issue? I’ve seen a lot of people talk about liquid cooling going up the mast, or aluminum boxes, is that something I should be worried about with the flipsky setup?

Also, are the flipsky motors capable of going 45-50ish kmh? (Depending on the battery, prop, and vesc setup of course)

Reaching 50kph is not easy by any means, if you’re new to this I would say try 25 first then we’ll talk hehe, I dunno about books, everything is on YouTube. Lookup RcExplained channel.

3 Likes