Newbie DIY foil assist France

It’s still a Flycolor but an other model, with more options, more powerful than the 80amp. It’s ready to run when bought but you can set more stuffs on blheli, read about that like I did… The features I like is the possibility to limit the current and you have low tension safety slow down. The 80amp hasn’t got any safety devices.

It’s twice the price of the 80amp but worth the money, it handles better the high amps with twice the power.

My wing board is a Takuma CK 65l

Thanks, but it would help a lot if you basically just explain what you wrote:
You wrote:

1. Sensitive trigger - it doesn’t sound good (it is not tunable?)
  2. Weld motor wires at 45degrees - what do you mean?
  3. limit the current - limit max current at all situations?
  4. low tension safety slow down - what it is good for?
  5. handles better the high amps with twice the power - so you actually get more power with a better Esc? Because of the better mosfets probably…
  1. you Can tune it for sure but for the moment I like this way, it’s direct throttling under the trigger

2. For a place manner on the width of the box you have to weld the motor cable by 45degrees upward with this ESC because it’s just just the good size.

3. You can adjust the max current you want the ESC can give, in order to reduce the current, heat and consumption

4. When you are at a low level of battery, the ESC slows down automatically, you can come back
    ashore by paddling and a bit of the motor help

5.No more power than the small one but less heat because it’s twice the amp feature (80amp against 160amp).

2 Likes

Thanks, now I understood you :smiley:

You make me want to build with this ESC instead of the Flycolor 80A!

Sorry for a lot of questions…hope I don’t bother you too much…

1. You are 90kg and 6384 120kv 8s3p was not enough for you on 65L and 170kv was not enough on the 35L. What did you do eventually?
  2. I am 93kg and plan on 12s2p battery with 120kv, the higher voltage should give the torque, right ?
  3. What propeller are you using?
  4. By such a direct throttling you are not afraid to break the propeller ?
  5. What board 35L are you using? Also put the box in the rear ?
    I am looking for a small board with a place to put the box in the rear…

You glued one heatsink to the outside , but the other heatsink is still inside.
I wander how much it is a problem…Did you use it as an efoil - long time ?

I glued it with 3M 5200 glue outside of the box. And I made an aluminium plate to replace the amount of plastic I removed to make a good heat transfer between ESC heatsink and outside radiator.

It’s not a problem at all. I can use the foildrive as an efoil without any heat issue until the battery is low tension

1 Like

What motor KV you end up using ? Do you manage to get up on the 35L board?

170 KV for the moment
I use another 42 liters board and it’s ok. 32 is ok but only on flat water so it’s too restrictive

1 Like

I need to figure a way to view telemetry from this ESC.

1 Like

Impossible for the telemetry.
The only infos you can have is the motor rpm, %throttle and voltage graph (no value)

And what about current?
The only voltage there is the battery voltage…

You can only limit the current drawn by the motor on the ESC but not possible to read it on the Maytech remote.

Hi everyone,

Just switched my battery architecture from 8S3P Molicel p42a to 12S2P = 2x 6S2P in serie (to charge with cheap 6S dual charger toolkit M6D).

To sum up my comparison, I’d say that you have more power available until the end of the battery capacity because no sag at all and if you manage your trigger gently, you’ll have more time to play.

Note: Max Speed of my Saite 6384 130kV unloaded = 7000 rpm :rocket:

Cheers

3 Likes

12S2P seems like a good choice to me.
I’m going to 10S3P.
Have you ever tested a front wing with more surface area?

1 Like

I ride very powerful front wings, I started with 1200 mid aspect (1 meter span equivalent 1500) and now I ride 900 high aspect (95cm span equivalent 1200). French brand, Allure Foil. I don’t like big wings, my 900 is the biggest I have now.

1 Like

Do you use a balance charger for your 10s3p battery? If so, can I ask which model you use? My current balance charger goes up to 8s and I’m keen to try a 10s in the future.
Thanks.

Yes. Junsi iCharger X12

4 Likes

Cool charger!

Can you post a wiring diagram of how things are connected? The balance wires make sense to me but the red and black combos don’t.

Just zoom in and you will see :grinning:

2 Likes