Newbie first build

Hello All,
Happy to be here with all of you and all the information but as I am really new to this I strugle to keep up.
Because I am in a hurry to start my build, so I have it in time for summer I want to ask you a few silly questions…

I am at 90 kilos and I would like to be able to use my efoil with my young son. We would be a total of 105 - 110 kilos. And the question is if we will be able to “lift” with the following setup, I have managed to put together. (also is everything compatible?)

Flipsky 65161 100KV
Flipsky High Current FSESC 200A 60V ESC base on VESC6
DumboRC X6 2.4G 6CH Transmitter with X6FG Receiver for JJRC Q65 MN-90 Rc
4 x RC Turnigy High Capacity 10000mAh 4S 12C Multi-Rotor Lipo
RLboards complete E-Foil (https://rlboards.com/product-category/efoil/rlboard/)

Any opinions or corrections will be much appreciated.
Thank you very much.
Lambis.

Are you going to run an 8s 20A setup or a 16s at 10A?

Most guys run a 14s with the 100kv motor option or a 12s with the 120kv. For the remote recommend getting the maytech as its water “resistant” already or maybe look at the new flipsky vx3.

1 Like

Really new at this… I guess I will have to go with 14s for the 100kv as you mentioned.

So with a 14s option you can run 2x 7s batteries but you’ll most likely have to build your own. Not many companies make 7s lipos in large capacity formats. Plus 7s chargers tend to need dc power supplies so size of the charging area will increase. Take a look at flightjunkies build. I took a lot of inspiration from his setup. He’s doing a 14s setup and does tow ins with his builds so plenty of power.

1 Like

Your vesc is not 14s capable. Check my build I have used similar components. (Newcomer build)

1 Like

Thank you guys!
I think I will wait for the kv120 to become available and save my self from a lot of trouble.

Any sugestions for an alternative vesc, preferably cheaper but equally good?

Does the following combination look good?
Any compatibility issues?

Maytech 300A 85V antispark switch MTS2009AS
Maytech MTSKR1905WF V2 New Waterproof Remote Control for Esk8/Esurf
Maytech 200A MTSVESC6.0 based Speed Controller Vedder Benjamin VESC
Maytech Fully Waterproof Motor 65162 Inrunner Motor sensorless 120KV with Free Propeller (1.2meter cable)

Thanks!

Cannot recommend the maytech vesc, see here: Maytech 200A MTVESC6.12 VESC 6 based ESC

Better get the hgltech 75200, it is up to 16S and survives FOC. You can even get 20% discount with the right discount code.

2 Likes