Newbie questions

How much kilos you have ? :slight_smile:
Denis

I’m at 77kg.

90l was too small for me to learn wing foiling, for efoiling I had a couple sessions on a lift efoil and had a bigger volume converted windsurf board efoil (before i broke it). So the transition to was easy for me.

1 Like

Hi there all,
I have a newbie question about the battery.

If I want to make a total 14S14P battery pack.
I better if I make only one 14S14P pack or is better if I make 2 packs of 7S14P(witch I prefer) ?

Another one… if I make a 14S14P pack and I’ll use a 120kv motor (DIRECT DRIVE) like 65161,
what is the minimal amperage discharge rate of 18650 batts that I must buy please ?
It’s ok fot 6,4A ? like this ?

Thanks a lot
Denis

If you want to build a BMS into the pack, one pack is fine. If you split it into two 7S packs, you can use an RC charger to charge and balance and skip the BMS. Max discharge current of the pack should be 150 to 200A (depends on your weight, wing, motor, prop.) The cell on your link has only 6.4A max. discharge which would result in 90A max discharge rate for the pack.

1 Like

Ok … [quote=“sat_be, post:24, topic:1849”]
Max discharge current of the pack should be 150 to 200A
[/quote]

Ok so I must buy something that have amperage discharge rate minimal at about 15A ?
That will have 14P X 15A = 210A…

Thanka a lot again
Denis

Yes, if you are light and don’t use too much current to get out of the water, you could get away with a 10A cell with 14P (140A max.).
With a vesc you can limmit the current to protect your battery.

1 Like

No no… I’m about 95kg :frowning:
So I need 15-20A cell… always much more money…

Thanksa lot for the answers:-)
Denis

@Sourcecode How well does the Metr Pro Can work? Are you happy with it? Do you have the GPS module too?

Havnt bothered to put it in my efoil yet, but I do have one in my eskate and it works very well. I dont have external GPS but am planning to put it in at some stage in the nose of my board with the external bluetooth antenna

Hi everyone
I’m another newbie starting out on my build and need a bit of advise on the electrics please.

I have been given a Waydoo Flyer mast and motor set so I am going to use this. From my research I see this motor is rated at 6000W. The Waydoo WD-01 battery is rated at 7500W, 1776Wh, 40,000mAh.

I am building a battery so thought it best to make something as close in capacity as that of the original Waydoo battery. I am thinking of 2 x 6S13P that I will then connect in series when fitted in the board. I figured that two smaller batteries might be easier to charge, handle etc. What do you think?

6000W@44.4V = 135amps. With 12S that would be 11.25A per cell - correct? But that is only when the motor is going hard out. Do I need to select batteries for this level of current or do you normally select for less current becasue I won’t be going hard out the whole time?

This then leads me to BMS selection - rating? Or do I actually need them?

What about ESC or VESC. Please can I have some advise on what current rating based on the above info?

Thanks for your help
Mark