Newcomer's build [Ger] + 2nd one

She got a plate :slight_smile:

Wow…sorry for the mess

1 Like

Really Really nice build!!! Well done!

I just would like to ask more info about the cooling system, if you don’t mind could you please explain and picture the cooling system please? is for the ESC or the batteries? How does it work? I’m kind of new on this group…

Thanks!!!
Antonio

It is for the esc only. You take a small 12v water pump and connect it to the esc. You get the water by moving through the mast. I drilled a hole in the Fuselage for intake. For pump power supply you could order an ubec from Hobbyking

This might help, showing esc and pump

Thank you For your reply… Just one more thing… is the ESC inside a saparate box and the water is running round this box?
Sorry for the stupid question…

The ESC have an water resistent enclosure.
Here the link to the ESC: https://flipsky.net/collections/electronic-products/products/high-current-fsesc-200a-60v-base-on-vesc6

1 Like

Thank you!!! I have a long way to go!!!

Start on a paper first, read yourself through some builds. Take notes, you will get a rough idea what components you need. Do you have 3d printer? I had the same huge pile of obstacles in the past; my target was to have an easy access to foiling. Therefore I have chosen the way which you can follow in this forum.

1 Like

Yep, im using your build as a reference. I dont have a 3D printer so i was thinking to get the propeller and clamp printed online… do you have the CAD files for the propeller and clamp please? also what material is best to use for printing?

thank you very much

My interior is mostly printed with PLA,prop and clamp is with PETG. I also used ABS, I print whatever I have in that moment :slight_smile: Personal I think PETG is a good material, it is quite rigid and will not melt in sun like pla. Anyway I am not an expert on this But clamp is hollow and filled with epoxy. We will arrange the files, don’t worry.

What is your location?

I live in London but the efoil will be made in Italy :grinning:

So at this stage im doing the research of all the materials I need once its “all” done i will buys and have it shipped to italy.

Mhhhh now I understand better the picture of the clamp with the straws! Thanks for taking the time to help!!!

1 Like

For the sake of completeness, here the final form which will be brought to water soon. I added also two fuse in my box, one for the 12v ubec and one for the LED which is connected to 5v output from ESC. Better to fry the fuse than my esc if the LED goes crazy.

5 Likes

Now it’s try and error time. Board had one minor leakage and water sensor served perfectly. I could fix it, no issue beyond this. Since I am really bad a driving my board was pushed mostly by full throttle to lift and it was most of the time below water surface. Great realibilty testing :slight_smile:

7 Likes

2nd ride, first time feeling to have control. Awesome feeling, I really had a good time. Top speed was sometimes around 25, absolutely enough speed for my low level

4 Likes

Better efficiency than solas prop? How volt did you use for the 120kv?

10s and 12s
Greetings Frank

So I had again some issue with water leakage, my sensor went crazy after a couple of crashes. I still suspected my cable connection from outside into box as root cause. I think I might step accidentally on the wires causing the water to get in. I printed a little cover and put grip tape on top. Good look! Today my beloved wife had her first try - no foil just slow cruise. Most of the time the board was below surface but dry in the end. Success…at least today

1 Like

I had a top speed of 30 today. For cruise around 22km/h the ampmeter showed around 40amps. But there is lots of water flow in the Donau River. If you go upstream and turn you need to push the throttle to remain foiling due to the stall

2 Likes

There was a wish for my part list in a different channel, so I post it here:

@Malveymonster: there might be not everything in it like grinding paper and bolts, spare parts. However should be be complete by 95% and most valuable components are included.

Here some turns / progress I did yesterday. This time with FR prop.

Cheerio,
Jan

7 Likes

Hi, I was wondering what steps you had to take to get a plate for your board? I checked out many other websites explaining maritime law in Germany and it always seemed very difficult to get something registered if it is homebuilt. Is that true? Does the A suggest that you did it via ADAC? If so, as what kind of vessel did you have to register it? Did you do a TÜV Einzelabnahme?

It might very well be that I am overcomplicating it but I want to be on the safe side before I invest in building my own and risking it getting taken by police.

Any advice would really help me out :smile:

Thanks, Paul