Pacificmeister Build Info and CAD Sources

Thank you, I also thought of placing a brass insert M2.5 on the 90° thread also to secure it all…

good to see that , are you build by yourself?

1 Like

Hi Pacificmeister, since it is difficult to get the McMaster seals here in Germany, I want to change the construction to fit other size seals. For that can you please post the SealMount CAD model in Fusion Format? The SealMount_rev2 is only downloadable in STL Format and in the complete assembly the SealMount is without bearing. Did you glued the seals into the SealMount to have it watertight?
Thanks!

In the meantime I found the model in complete assembly and changed it for metric size seals 18x8x5mm. Here it is for download: SealMount rev2 Mod.stl

2 Likes

Hi, as Neugart was not willing to sell a PLE40 to me, I just got my cheap chinese copy.
Unfortunately it seems to be longer than the original, so it doesn’t fit the seal.mount.
Has anybody modified Pacificmeisters source for this gearbox?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32951158509.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.6eb74c4dRKhVh9

Thanks!

2 Likes
1 Like

@Daniel_Hines: Thank you - yes, the gearbox mount I already found.
My issue is that I can’t fix the Thrust bearing mount in the Seal mount tube as it is to short.
Haven’t tried to simply put the thrust bearing between shaft coupling and gearbox without any additional part to mount it to.
How did you mount yours? Which shaft coupler did you use? Still using the thrust bearing?
Thanks a bunch!

Hello, I have a question about PM propellers: when I transfer the 3 blade to cura I have different sides, here 127.6 x 130.7 x 30 while with the 4 blades I have constant dimensions of 133.8 x 133.8 x 30 …where does this difference in size between the two propellers come from and especially the peripheral difference of the 3 blades… Thank you to you

If you put a triangle with equal length sides into a rectangle, the side that has the length of the hight of this triangle is shorter than the sides with the length of the triangle or in other words it is not a square—the reason is geometry. With 4 blades it has the geometry of a square.

Thank you @sat_be for those very clear explanations.

Hi @pacificmeister, seems I have no access to parametric prop 4 and 3 blades ?

Can anyone share them again ?

Thanks !

Hi @Sliman_O, thanks for pointing this out. I recently moved my Fusion repository and all links broke, I forgot about all the links here :slight_smile:. I am fixing things as they come up, please keep asking if something isn’t there. I just updated the old parametric duct/prop design links, here: Fusion, hope this helps.

1 Like

Thank you very much ! It sure helps :slight_smile:

I would also like to thank @sat_be for sharing it too in the meantime :v:t2:

Hi Guys,

Thanks again @pacificmeister your work is totally crazy !!

I got a problem when I downloaded the duckt and the blade. It’s completely oversize, like 1 meter diameter.

Any tips to fix it ? I’m using Fusion 360 also.

Cheers from France

Yep, just scale down by 10. STLs don’t encode units and Fusion saves mm. Your slicer probably assumes cm.

Do I understand correctly that the STL files in the open source downloads are in mm? If so, is that all I need to tell somebody with a 3D printer or do I need to get exact dimensions from Fusion 360?

Sorry…I’ve never printed something on a 3D printer before. :slight_smile:

You’ll review the part just before printing it by slicing it with your printer’s preferences. So, basically even if you mix things up you still can apply a scale factor on cura (software to slice your part in .gcode for your printer). You don’t have to worry then

New to the forum and am working to follow and tweak the Pacificmeister Rev 3 build. I want to buy a 3d printer that will be able to print the size of parts required in Rev 3. I notice via youtube video part 8 that the 3D printer used to make these parts is commercial and located at Pier 9. Any suggestions for which printer to buy to make sure I can print these parts on my own? Thanks!

An Creality Ender 3 will print all, at reasonable costs. Youtube is full of reviews, tutorials and tips.

3 Likes

@JvdZ Thanks, I appreciate the prompt response.