Problem with vesc controllers

Hi guys
Need your advice with my plpsky controllers.cant pull more than 20 amp out of both.

So i purchased 2 plpsky type controllers
The. 200amp vesc FSESC75200 75V watercooled
And the Flpsky vesc 75100 75V 100A

Cant get more than 20 amp continuance out of the battery. I tried to make sure to cancel all the restrictions and still wasn’t able to go past 20 amp.
Any one has experience this problem.
I am hearing people talking about this brand has serious false amp rating.
This been purchased 2 months ago so i hope the resistors issues been solved by now
My question has some one can give me advice why i am experiencing that and how to solve this.
My outrunner is 12090 8kv continuance 15kv peak

When you test is there any load on the motor? If it just free spins in air amps wont be high

1 Like

Hi yes i understand that
But we use in the air 7 amp and in the water 20 amp.
So it makes me start rethinking the problem.
As the rotation speed of the motor seems to be the same.
So for me its one of two or rpm limit or throttle calibration.
Regarding the rpm limits
Erpm i hear its motor poles x max rpm.
As jet pump rmp not recommended to go faster than 9000 x20 poles in the 12090 outrunner.we put 180,000 ermp.

Regarding the throttle
We measured 0.7v in resting position and 2.7v in full throttle.
So that’s are the minimum and maximum we typed in the controller.

Any ideas what we can do better:)?

Thanks in advance:)
One last things
In both 100 and 200 amp vesc controllers.
Even when I turn the motor with the arrows on the keyboard not using the throttle.
Still max rotation speed feels the same low speed turning aprox 1500 rpm

Hello we need more spec about your’s vesc ,voltage max amp bat max amp motor is it for efoiling? So, for the second esc i use the same for my ebike and sorry but the wire is 12 awg and it’s not enought for efoil amp…and there is just 6 mosfet and 3 capacitor…
If you can show us some screens shot about the vesc app it’s better🤙

Can see that in the vesc tool i get 18% max power
When i push my throttle to the max speed.
I can use the keyboard of the vesc tool to increase to rpm to higher speed.
But can’t do it through the throttle.
So wired it seems like my throttle and available speed is restricted to 18% and i don’t know how to change that:).
My motor is 12090 130kv 15,000 w outrigger that replacing my 10850 130 kv 8000w

I have the same problem. I can’t get more than 25 A out of the flipsky vesc.

1 Like

Processing: VID20220319145318.mp4…
Processing: VID20220319145842.mp4…
Processing: VID20220319145916.mp4…
Processing: VID20220319145842.mp4…
Wanted to attached short videos but system not allow.
So to describe the situation.
I can see that max 18% in full throttle or even if using the arrow on the keyboard .
From the bottom left Next to the 18%gage.
There is a button allow me to increase the rpm.
So it looks to me like a safety limiter
The problem is it get back to 18% every time i restart

The flipsky 60 A Vesc, does not put out more than 26-28 A. I had 3 of them. They are now in the land fill.
Buy cheap, buy twice. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I share your pain. Purchased a Castle creations HV controller. Works perfectly.

Hello,
Did you solve your problem please ? I can’t solve similar issue with 200A VESC (from Maytech), i cannot draw more than 70A when pushing the throttle.

No I couldn’t solve it and purchase flier 400a instead. This vesc people arec really bad with customer support.
So I keep it in storage for now as didn’t want to get more frustration out of it:).
If you find a solution please let me know

Also cant see the benefits of dealing with vesc .maybe as a user you have more control on the amp.but flier are simple reliable and much cheaper .
Maybe people with more knowledge can help with explaining the advantages of using vesc .
I find vesc really difficult to deal with

Hello.
Did you done motor detection.
Under motor setting current tab what are your values?

I have some experience with both of these controllers, but the following applies to all VESC models.

After you run the motor configuration wizard, it will set motor current limits based on the resistance it detects. These values are usually too low, and can be adjusted to the ESC’s max.

For example, the 75100 I’d set:
120A motor
100A battery

For the 75200:
250A motor
200A battery

Then make sure to do the input wizard so you are getting full throttle.

After that adjust eRPM limits. The calculation is voltage x kv x pole PAIRS = eRPMs. So if you have 20 poles, you use “20/2” in the formula. You can also view the eRPMs on full throttle at no load in the realtime data. If duty cycle is at 95% you should be at max eRPMs.

The VESC also has temperature throttling built in. Once it gets to the temperatures set in the tool, it will begin to ramp down the current to prevent overheating.

In still air, the old ebike style 75100 will only do 100A for about 20 seconds before it starts to thermal throttle unless you can water cool it… but it won’t improve much. Thermals are really bad on that model. The new Aluminum PCB version can do that for about 2-3 minutes.

The 75200 will do 80A for more than 10 minutes before it thermal throttles… much longer if water cooled.

1 Like

I found a solution by updating firmware to “no limit” and i was able to draw much more current, till 300 A for motor current (and battery current usually is less than 150 A). RPM goes to 3000 and speed is about 12 km/h. I cannot go faster because of motor current specifications and therefore i cannot take off from water surface. The front of the board lifts up but the back of the board stays in the water. I try to move my weight forward. Front wing is about 2000cm^2 and theoretical speed to take off is 16 km/h (from CFD for a total mass of 100kg).

My setup is battery 12S12P with Molicel 18650 2600mAh 35A. ESC is a VESC from Maytech : MTVESC7.12, 200A continous, 300A burst. Motor is brushless inrunner also from Maytech : MTI85165, 200KV, 300A. Propeller is one used apparently by Fliteboard brand but i don’t have other info:
https://www.custommotorsfrance.com/en/product/propeller-complete-2/
Board, wings, mast clamp, duct are homemade.

So i am trying to understand how i could go faster/take off and also why by drawing so much current it doesn’t work ?
A problem might come from the propeller which is too small (the yellow part on the photo which is in the water flux only represents half of the blade, the center part is the motor), or also the hydrodynamic of the board is far from being perfect.

Thanks

Hi there

Any chance you can help me set it up remotely:)?
Using windows control tool to remotely control my laptop

With this size motor you should be able to take of easily and go 30kmh without any problems. The prop is not too big. Did you do the motor setup wizzard on the vesc tool?