Prop design share

Looks like a similar blade profile as the torqeedo propeller

Have you used it yet?

Nice New pm design ! testing on 6s today thanks

2 Likes

I had the prop on the water this afternoon, the conditions were rough, lots of wind on the lake. But I got a good feeling of the prop, the board was faster on plane and I had stable propulsion. Top speed today was 34kmh on a 12s PM setup. 500kv motor, 5:1 reduction so 100KV at the prop.
Effiency is difficult to tell right now, but it looks similar to a high pitch prop that I’m running normally.

What are your results on 6s? The print looks good.
The prop might not be that suited for a low rpm setup, the blade surface is small and the pitch moderate. But just try it and we will collect some data & experiences in this way.

1 Like

Hi.

Nice print.

I’m looking for a new prop balancer. How’s that one work? You mind providing a link?

:call_me_hand:

Ok so i test the props yesterday aftenoon of course no duct …
od!! the flying in 6 s is so better! 3 session of 15 minute with my two 6s 10 p in parallel and 50 % in batterie at the end ride ,because the fail safe of my esc stop the session to the friend who i efoil with …the bec haven’t enought amp …i don’t check it …i know ! i should have control it because do a pairing the day before :cry: the front wing hitting the edge of the lake and the gong mast superior fix died like a fuse no damage at the board and the man fucking fail safe …i remember the problem with drone and plane…:rofl:…no more lesson…
ok so 24km/h max speed …before with the old prop and the duct 18 km/h…so silent when balanced more power on kick start i used 70 % of throtle when i ride at 100% with the PM design i use my simple and old balance propler from my fpv gear Mayatech propeller balancer for rc airplane fixed wing multirotor 250-800 helicopter Sale - Banggood.com-arrival notice-arrival notice
but only for the pla props because they only weight 55 g ,the magnet using are strong but not enought for big alu prop …and i believe you have the FR prop? is not weel balanced out of the box? i post a pict of my gong fusible and a clip of the fucking failsafe🤙 need vincent remote for log the data…

2 Likes

Hi.

Thx for the information on the balancer. Yea. I’m looking for one that can do aluminum props to.

I plan on printing some props and would like to balance them. Yes. The FR prop is nicely balanced already.

I’ll post about the balancer I end up buying and let you guys know how it works.

Your post was poorly translated. But, sounds like you damaged your mast? Hope it’s an easy fix!

Yes sorry for my Bad frenchy translates. we had a bad RC full throtle fail safe due to my Bad settingwith a Friend who was riding my efoil but only the mast fixation broke in the shock with the lake rives

, friend is safe board too​:laughing: gong foil home is in France lucky for direct parts :v:

1 Like

As your mast plate broke, you saved your board.
The good news is : Gong now sell mast plates without weaknesses ie no six big holes so it is much stronger
The bad news is : since the plate is much stronger, it will not play a fuse role so it is the plate fixing holes or the board itself that will take all the impact load so could be damaged if your foil hits a lake bank (rive) again. .

Exactly what i’m think about when i Saw the New mast plug that i bought … maybe drillng a little slot for help to fuse because it save my board!

Pardon my frensh, but its a really cheap piece of shit.
Gong Cast mast that does not offert strenght for heavier riders or masts over 60cm.
Broke mine last week 1:st test with 90cm mast likely from hitting a large fish. Plate split in middle when screws were pulled out.
Cost of mastplate 29€ no problems.
Cost of 4:th trampa 75/300 500€, stings somewhat.

Stay with milled ones for descent structural integrity…

Yes, drilling the plate is an option if you don’t fear it becoming consumable.
Based on the Naish Abracadabra plate, some time ago, I thought about a hinged plate that opens up in case of impact. Not made yet. The board part that receives the (sharp) mast trailing edge must be protected.

Hinged_plate_shock

1 Like

Hi.

I hit the bottom on a regular basis. I guess my builds are built like a tank. Never anything more then scratches on the foil.

I hit a rock at 15mph. Board nose dived and I face planted. Nothing but a scratch on the wing.

I think e-foil boards should be built to handle this type of impact. I know the Lift board is. A friend hit the reef on his Lift e-foil board so hard the foil was stuck and he had hard time getting it out. Just some scratches. Everything was fine.

I think my prop might do well in a high(er) rpm setup, is someone willing to try in a 120KV 12-14s setup? I’m thinking of modify’ing it to fit a Flipsky/maytech 12mm shaft, what is a typical hub diameter for props at this motor? I assume the current diameter of 35mm is a little bit small.

Yes this cheap but for the Price perfect to discover efoil… it is good and gong parts aren’ t expensive…i drill a slot…flightjunkie yes your’s builds was rock solide…i don’t know the impact speed but it is average speed✌ 2000 € d ESC when a simple 6s flycolor Can fly my board with no problem …or a vesc flipsky at 160€ you Can save money

Hit a rock just this sunday trying props… resulted in an ER visit, ten stitches in my face and a mild concussion. I was riding alone so i was lucky i didn’t drown. A family that happened to be on the shore dragged me up and helped with the board…

Stay safe out there! It’s wise to ride with a friend (not only more fun :slightly_smiling_face:)

3 Likes

Hi @Sniper, would you please provide more details of your setup running on 6s? Is it 80100 motor? What is KV? ESC and so on… Sound very promising setup for low cost setup

just a 56104 ss 550 kv with 5/1 neugart ple and a 6s 150 a flycolor esc from banggood but 12 s esc is on the road to have more power but is 6 s it work well specialy with this propler for waiting th vesc!

Ouch!

I’m glad you didn’t get knocked out. Scary. What did you hit your head on? The board?

Hi.

That would be great. I’d like to try it. I. Running a 120kv motor on 14s.

Hub of 54mm would be best. Same as FR props.

I hit the bottom in some weird somersaultish crash. It was close to deep enough that i could have cleared it if i’d flown higher.

Bottom was solid rock so my brow and face took quite a beating. :face_with_head_bandage: