PROPELLERKING.COM - The Store For Propeller Lovers

I’ll be trying to learn pumping this season, will be a big step for me (since i have only efoiled) so i have a question on the folding prop: will that allow me to start on efoil, release throttle and remain on foil with pumping or is the resistance (even with a folder) too high to pump?

I don’t have waves so i’ll need to pump on flat water

Absolutely will help. My advice would be to practice pumping while efoiling. Lower your speed to where you would normally stall but pump to keep a bit of speed up.
Once you’ve got the hang of that, use the folding prop and mount your motor high up your mast. I would limit your speed so you just can’t get up on foil unless you start to pump slightly. That will help you set a bit of rhythm and not be relying entirely on the motor.

Here’s a video of me when I first setup my foil assist with 6s. It wasn’t enough to get me up on foil so a small paddle and pump assist to get started. Not the greatest video or ideal conditions with high wind but will give you the idea! https://youtu.be/P4fbpxBIct0

3 Likes

Great video, in all it’s simplicity. What i think it shows is that the e-assist can make it easier to train pumping since trying to learn with (failed) dock starts will take time and a huge amount of efforts, do you agree?

Yes efoil and efoil assist is a good alternative. Due to the weight and size it feels nothing like pumping a sub 4" board but still same technique. To start attempting dock starts you would need to be competent at pumping already whether it be surf, wing or efoiling. I learnt beach starts before I ever did my first dock start. That took me 3 x 1 hour sessions of serious struggle to learn.

Did you film that ? 20

Not sure how many of the fails I’ve got! There’s this one with a wing in hand as well. https://youtube.com/shorts/o8UpbUvLYQg?feature=share

Will try not go too off topic :see_no_evil:. Essentially I can see a efoil, especially paired with the propeller king folding prop to be a good tool to practice pumping!

2 Likes

How do you find beach starts being easier? On the dock you can run up to speed and jump on while on the beach i guess not?

I probably worded that wrong. Dock starts are much easier but I didn’t have a dock at the time so learnt beach start first instead.

As requested the FOLD for the Flipsky motor is in stock now:

Cheers,

Frank

2 Likes

Will we have the chance to see a toroidal prop on your site in 2023 ?

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

I think it will take a while to find a propeller that surpasses the efficiency of the current PropellerKing propellers.
I am not yet one hundred percent convinced of the toroidal propellers because there are no meaningful reviews out there.

At the moment I’m working on an unofficial
Takuma eFoil Propeller on steroids.
The first beta tester could run 46 km/h (GPS speed)! With the original Takuma Propeller he could achieve about 30 km/h. His weight is about 90kilos.

4 Likes

Hi There. Are you making a folding prop for the Flipsky 65111 motor? If not which motor would you suggest that would have the same “clamp” profile as mine AND will adapt to your folding prop?

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

Todd

Hi @tkramer it’s not planned that I will design the Fold for the 65111 motor. I only can recommend the 6384 motor (120kv) which you can buy here:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_Ev39ZNt

Thanks for the reply. Can you tell me - does the outrunner 6384 motor you’re recommending need to be waterproofed or does it run fine in water as is?

Thanks again

Todd

I composed here info about alternative ways of motor treatment, please take a look:
https://foil-assist.vercel.app/parts/motor/motor-prepare

This thread is about propellerking props so discussions on motor treatment is off topic.

Then, linked page doesn’t add to what’s already described here on the site, on youtube or wherever. If you put it in a separate topic, then others can fill in data where it’s suitable.

1 Like

Thanks Lars. I will not use this thread any further for off topic discussion

Todd

1 Like

Hi, Is the propeller guard compatible with the FR propeller?

Dear Propeller Lovers :heart:,

There are now a lot of Foil Drive DIYers and Efoilers with outrunner here in the forum who have asked me if I could design a non-folding Hyperdrive for the 6384/63100 outrunner motor.
So what’s the reason for?

• the 3-blade propeller has more thrust compared to the 2-bladed FOLD propeller
  • the ride will be much smoother (less vibrations)
  • the E-foil mode is much more fun!
  • I would also say that if the motor is positioned high enough on the mast, the blades don’t necessarily have to be foldable to surf waves

In addition, I have reduced the pitch to 6" so that you need less starting current than e.g. the Hyperdrive for the Flipsky 65161 motor but can go faster than the FOLD.

Shipping will be beginning of January. So unfortunately it will arrive a bit too late for your wife for Christmas :grin:

BUY IT HERE and switch to 6384/63100 outrunner motor

6 Likes