Propellers and Ducts

Just to say there is no problem running a inrunner in water , just reducing its life time

All of us running a submerged open 80100 motor aren’t too worried. He’ll be just fine :grinning:

Ran into @tylerclark over at my maker instagram account and he mentioned he was curious about the prop I was using. So I thought I’d share the prop I’m currently using here. Not sure it’ll be immediately useful to anyone, but this is one of many printed props I’ve been playing around with. To be honest, once this one got me close to what I was expecting, I haven’t really changed it all summer. Anyhow, I personally learn so much from looking at what others have built so I thought I’d add this to the pile :slight_smile: This one I believe was inspired a lot by @Hiorth…but I’ve iterated and designed/copied so many I’ve lost track :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing! This one goes to which motor? The Flipsky/Maytech motor?

Oops. Sorry, this is for a Maytech 65162 in my case. The version with the threaded end shaft. Which I don’t think they sell anymore since the second motor I have from them is the restraining pin design (or whatever it should be called).

What kV&voltage have you run it at?

Hey @Larsb . Not sure if you’re asking me, but it’s a 100kV motor and I’m running it at 12s (LiPo). Hope that helps.

Yep, thanks. I think every propeller needs the rpm stated.

Do you have it in Fusion? I would modify it to fit various shafts if so. It’s tough to modify the stl file…

i’d like a step file also :grinning:

Flipsky still sell them for 330$

Thanks for sharing, interesting blade design. It looks like the blades are slightly curved outward, inducing not a progressive pitch but ‘regressive’ pitch? Anything known of what the dis- or advantages are of this design?
Do you know a estimate of the pitch of this prop?

He invented a propeller without a shaft…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=ok6O234NwOo&feature=emb_logo

Nice toy…

The secend one is would be intresting, with 2 intakes and regulad barring.

Did you already tested something?

Hi mate, Just started a build down here in New Zealand, have just got my 3D printed all set up etc so looking to print some bits, i have been looking high and low for a File that resembles the LIFT board motor housing and fusulage part that drops down below the duct like the LIFT board, i see your pic is that a printable file or just a design?

Thanks Brandon

Anyone had a closer look on the awake prop? The unit seams to be a hybrid between a jet unit and a ducted propeller. Interesting solution, the engine seams to protrude from the hull(great for cooling) but one would assume increased drag. It’s fast so obviously it works well anyway

Have you a link to this board?

Sure, here we goes:

https://awakeboards.com/pages/technology

Hi mate, I’m onshape user as well, would you mind sharing your prop design one more time? My email is sasha@linovsky.com