Request for a patient help

Good morning everyone, my name is Ettore, I live in Italy.

I discovered this forum by chance, it was just what I was looking for.
Congratulations to those who had the idea of ​​sharing the desire for the sea, the intuitions, the projects and especially our dreams.

Since the first time I saw a board from Jet Sky, I immediately had the unstoppable impulse to build one, then I saw the further evolution with the foil and really was the maximum.

Unfortunately I started from scratch, both for the construction of the table and for the electrical part (engine, batteries, controls …).

Documenting on the web and with the help of a company that supplied me with epoxy and fiberglass resins, I managed to build my table, it’s not the most harmonious thing I’ve seen, but it’s functional, my floating calculations they were good.

Unfortunately, my ignorance about electronics has made me install a powerful mtore that fails to push the board properly.

In the coming days, if I can, I will try to share some photos and a video with you.

Shortly before finding this forum I ordered a new engine to try to fly my board … SSS 56114 / 500KV Brusheless Motor 6 Poles W / O Water Cooling For RC Marine Boats.

Honestly I do not know if any of you will have the will and the patience to talk with me, since I’m far behind with the knowledge and experience.

However I will write again to tell you where I will be with my project.

For now I put myself at your disposal, should someone come to my country for work or tourism, I will be happy to help.

Good work and good flight to everyone!

Hello.
Ettore.

3 Likes

Don’t get demotivated, I have some too weak motor designs myself. It will work someday :slight_smile:
Just share your questions, some ideas will always come up.

You came to the right place! Just ask whatever questions you want and people here will answer.

You have probably come a lot further than most people as you have your board built already! :slight_smile:

Hi Flo, thank you for your encouragement, very often you need this. I go ahead and I continue to spend money … I have ordered a new engine
SSS 56114 / 500KW Brushless Motor 6 Poles W / O Water Cooling For RC Marine Boats. It should have a power of 13000 W, do you think it is enough?
Thanks again for your answer. If you can be useful ask as soon as you want.
In Italy since it is 24 hours I would say good night … Hello Ettore,

The motor should be powerful enough, as pacifcmeister(creator of this forum) uses a simialar but slightly smaller motor (56104,500kv). You should look into his design, even if you build your own as he has a really good documentation.
I encurage everyone to share his progress, as even mistakes can be useful to understand the topic better.
One particularly useful graph about the power and thrust requirements for a custom desgin can be found on this forum: Board / Surfboard blanks - #4 by flyingchris - Foils & Boards - FOIL.zone

How did you build your surfboard?

Hi Flo, it’s a pleasure to hear from you, I built my surfboard with a rectangle of expanded polystyrene, then worked to reach the shape I wanted.
Then I bought 120g square meters of fiberglass, 2 sheets per side plus epoxy resin.
In my opinion, the surfboard is ok, tomorrow you can improve by creating one at the computer, and then transfer the files to a cnc machine that works the polystyrene, so it will be repeatable and perfect.
I have already written that the original idea of ​​my project was to build a jet skis, having a few notions of electronics, I started to document, then I saw a battery mower on sale … It basically has everything that served: a motor, a rechargeable battery and its housing, a knob that managed the power, with its wiring.
Said and done … everything is operational and working only that the tree that starts from the engine to end up in a tube that I inserted towards the end of the table has a propeller, in my opinion too small, combined with a motor that is not very powerful .
I tried it at sea, the buoyancy was perfect, calibrated on my weight, but the thrust was very weak. I have to take up everything, I will put in the forum the engine that I used with all the features including the battery.
If I can understand how it is done, I will insert photos and movies.
Thanks for the information you gave me about the engine that has to get me, I’m calmer. Personally I think that the propeller is not a right choice, you have to learn about the air, move more air a fan or a turbine? Possible that no one has thought of building a turbine to be used in water. Since liquids are much denser than air the result would be super.
Regarding the foil that is immersed, I would integrate the engine directly with the wings.
The shape of the wings that I will go to draw and build will always be based on the principles of aerodynamics, so it will be the downforce to lift the board.
What I miss most is a small project necessary to combine: Motor - Battery - Potentiometer Wifi and Propeller.
However, we start with one thing at a time, for me it was basic to find one or more people able to help me, and then share with the group the results, negative or positive. I will live the weekend with the photos and the data I promised.
I work as a plastics seller that I know well, including a bit of 3d design with the related printers.
If I can help someone in the group in this field, I will be happy.
In Italy it’s time to eat, even if I’m on a diet and waiting for me salad is better to go …
Hello. Thanks for everything. ector.

2 Likes

Hi Flo,
this is my table, I also have a movie but I could not publish it.
I am waiting for the new engine to arrive.
Then I’ll have to buy adequate batteries and I’ll need help and advice …
It is loso, it is not the best of beauty but I did it …

Good evening.
Ettore.

Hi Flo,
this is my table, I also have a movie but I could not publish it.
I am waiting for the new engine to arrive.
Then I’ll have to buy adequate batteries and I’ll need help and advice …
It is loso, it is not the best of beauty but I did it …

Good evening.
Ettore.