"Safe at home" build - Wisconsin

Nice didn’t know if you were close or enough to rip sometime!

Awesome build by the way!

have you had any problem with the heat of high density foam and your board when you did the mast support ?

So, I took two runs at it. First time I didn’t have the bottom secured well enough when I did the pour, and the mast mount structure shifted a little as the foam expanded. Some was due to pressure, and maybe heat as well. The I beam structure I’d made using pla+. I cut that out and re-did it. This time I used petg and secured the bottom better. This time no issues with shifting. The high density foam did melt one of the corners in the eps a little bit, but filled that in as it expanded, so it didn’t really create an issue. It’s been working well so far. I plan on using this method or some version of it for my next board(s). Next time though I won’t built it with as much adjustablility. I wanted the adjustment on my first board, but the adjustabilty comes with extra weight for the foam and larger I beam.

Out for a rip are ya bud? :joy:

1 Like

All wired up and ready to test.

4 Likes

What wing is this? New jet HA?

Yep, 1400 version. I don’t have much to compare to… only tried the thrust series surf and windsurf foil so far, but I prefer the jet ha to both of those.

How does it carve compared to the surf series?

I’m probably not the best to answer that, as I’m still pretty new to this foil thing. I will say this… it turns well and is responsive. the span of the foil may be an issue if you are really carving hard. The big thing I like about this vs the surf foil is that its more stable at speed, and is still super easy to ride slow as well.

1 Like

Looks excellent! I like how compact it is with the 63100 motor.

When I clicked on the image to see it bigger it I got a good view of your menards bag :smiley:. Man I miss that store out in CO!

Right on. I’ve to the road between my place and menards worn out!

Yeah, I like the 63100 package. Tried it over the weekend, and was not able to get on foil. Realized I had the motor current set on Vesc wizard default of around 60a. Upped it to 120a and will try again. Hope to get metr modules in to get some logs and see what’s going on.

1 Like

ready for some prop testing

7 Likes

This is an awesome build! And so cool to see a fellow Wisconsinite on the sun. I’m just north of Milwaukee and starting my first build right now.

Thanks, and welcome to the forum! So many good resources here to help with the build process. Good luck with the build process… keep er movin.