Scams on Aliexpress

I had an issue with a desktop multimeter I ordered. About the same thing, I ordered and they asked me to cancel because they were out of stock, which I didn’t cancel in time apparently, because they attached a tracking number to another place. Had to escalate with aliexpress live chat to make it so I got refunded, instead of waiting the 30+ days.

I think they get dinged if they don’t ship on time, so they just use the fake tracking numbers if a ship by date is coming up.

I think in that case they were actually out of stock, but they don’t get dinged if I would have canceled the order.

Thanks for feedback, looks like i am not the only one:) I am not really sure sure if its the stock or what, no idea. Guess the root problem is the deal between aliexpress and the sellers, dont know how the contract works. Still hate the lies and the 100 % arrogance towards the customer… out of stock or what ever is fine, but why the BS?

Some products are still rather cheap there so will continue trying in some cases, but my limit is for the value of 50 eur, will never ever buy anything expensive from there anymore, the total lack of honesty and respect is just not worth it. Buying an e foil, or a battery from there, seriously? for sure there are plenty of good sellers also, but there is no way to know in advance…

I’ve had good success except for this and I’ve probably spent $1000s on there. Just look a store reviews and be prepared to complain to aliexpress directly if there is an issue. I didn’t have to wait the 30 days, they waited a day for response from the seller and then closed it and gave me my money back.

I have not notice any correlation with the shop reviews and this kind of behavior, this is the 6 th time it happens this year, before that never had this type of issues. There is probably something like the seller would loose money(maybe increased postage fee or something ) an then they all( or most of them)just do this same trick…Customer only loos time.

Today received this from buyer, as a reply when told them my “order” is going to wrong address. They kind of admit something is wrong…:slight_smile: The reply is a 100% proof they never actually shipped it, otherwise they would ask the courier to re direct the parcel to the right address…

Dear friend, we indeed shipped your order out . we are sorry to tell you that maybe there have some problems with your parcel . In order not to let you continue to wait, could you please open a Personal Dispute to apply for a refund? 1.Choose”Return Goods and Refund”(In fact, nothing need to return[Smile]) 2.Be sure to choose Personal Reasons: ”Shipping method was not as described” or “No longer need the item” 3.Inform us immediately(this is very important)
*‘’‘’‘’

Never found a link to an Aliexpress online chat, is there any?

Saga continues :slight_smile: The wrong tracking number( for me wrong…) was delivered to its rightful buyer, abt 270 Km north of where I live. Obviously I opened a dispute for full refund, seller rejected, no surprise there. To AE I have provided tracking data about delivery to wrong city, postal code as also weight of item wrong… Then the almighty AliExpress Case Management Team steps in…After careful consideration…this is their reply:
" Judgement from AE: Invalid Reason. If you did not get the package, please provide shipping company’s missing parcel documents within valid time. If you have received the goods but not in good condition/ shortage, you are suggested go to ‘Dispute Detail’ – Check 'Dispute Reason-- Click ‘Update Reason’ to update your reason for filing a dispute".

Fuc* them…Difficult to provide shipping company’s missing parcel docs as its not Your parcel in the first place and the documents are not in Your name …he he… Its actually rather funny that AE Sellers can enter any random parcel number into an order, strange.

I have also wondered how the heck the sellers are so good at getting an “almost right” location for the fake, or should we say wrong, tracking number. Pretty sure its not a one sellers task, but a group of them probably kind of help each other, when a tracking code to a certain location is needed they share info about usable tracking numbers case needed.

Next question, why is not AE checking if same tracking number used on two different shipments? They probably do…But if the AE shop uses a tracking number used for a sale on ebay…that AE can not check! Clever criminals…!

Sorry for keeping this thread but just trying to warn people,things can go wrong in AE and its not easy to fix.

Today got this:
The package has accurately delivered to buyer’s address.
AliExpress’ Judgment
Proposal:
Refund EUR € 0,00

Wanxxxs…What a way to threat platinum member ha …ha… ? Guess need to run this through Mastercard then…what a hassle for nothing…literally. Will try the appeal rout first ,crazy to go through this doing nothing wrong… Have ordered same propeller through another buyer, hope he is slightly more honest.

Unfortunately you can even order prop from forum member and get screwed…

I seen Your story… unbelievable, why are people doing such things for peanuts money, don’t get it…practically write of from the forum for a few bucks only, stupid!

Continues…As the seller that gave me the fake tracking number previously promised to refund me without returning anything( return is obviously not possible when nothing shipped) I asked him about a refund…no surprise here:) " Dear friend, it is the solution of the platform, please contact ALiExpress service for help. Thanks for your understanding" . So what ever they ask, newer agree to anything that would put you in a worse position, they will not keep their promise. My appeal is on going for 8 days now, nothing happened so far, guess there are a few in the line before me…
I gave the seller shit but accurate feedback, and sellers response was also a lie …" Dear friend, we are very sorry that your parcel was returned due to security check failure and we have refunded your money, please check it. We will improve it and do better in the future. Please contact us first, when you have some problems, we will help you" Wish this would be the case…

I wonder if the management of Aliexpress realize how much of this is going on and that it also harms their business, or maybe they just don’t care?

This type of scam is actually pretty brilliantly executed. Neither Aliexpress or Cainiao(what they use a lot) is showing the actual postal code of the delivery, only reading " local post office" and they us your home address City , even if actual delivery was somewhere else! So if the customer service person does not have free access over the web to check the local/ domestic post office data, they might believe its actually delivered to the right place. This should not be possible, clearly Aliexpress i cutting corners a bit too much trying to reduce the amount of data entered to their system, that’s the root problem here, in addition to dishonest seller …taking advantages of the weakness in the system.

Ha… haa… the appeal worked great. The tracking record from the local post is still available online, data showing clearly that the tracking number was fake, and for another shipment…

Having checked all of your trading records and your ID, we found that you have opened a great number of similar disputes for refund. Besides, AliExpress Trade Security Department has terminated your account because of continued violation of the Buyer Protection Program rules. In this scenario, your dispute is not supported.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

WTF ??? So should have obviously be happy for paying but receiving nothing…Its true that have been forced several times this year to open disputes due to fake tracking numbers. I am more and more convinced that the Aliexpress customer service personnel does not have access to open web checking for any other data than filtered by Aliexpress own pages. The funny thing here is that I have always been more then fair with the sellers, never complained about any minor issues, taking a few hits just of pure laziness, only for clear scams have open an issue.

Well, Mastercard will for sure return my money, but what a hassle…A pity too loose this shop, but considering the amount of trouble have been having this year…not that bad actually. Still pretty interesting that the scammers scam so good that the portal does not get it, incredible really!

Jus realized it will be very hard to purchase more Litokala LiFepo4 batteries without Aliexpress…
So made an last effort to get justice. Was able to breach true EVA and found a very helpful person, that actually checked the facts on the chat. She obviously noted the dispute and appeal was lost, but acknowledged the actual situation and said she is on my side due to evidence, so looks now that the case is reopened… Remained to be seen. Stay safe when shopping there:)

Due to the live chat person my second appeal was reopened, I won the case and got my money back, also the account is fine. Did already purchased 36 x 32700 lifepo batteries for 163 eur, including tax and shipping. A bit more than before but still not that bad.

In the future shopping in AE will check with the seller each time, prior ordering, do they really want to sell the product at at adverted price, stupid yes but hope that will reduce the hassle after ordering…

3 Likes