Setting Power output options

Question: what is the best option for setting max output power from your system.

Setup

Battery Molicell 45b 11s2p (90amp max)
ESC Flycolour 160a HV
Motor Generic 6384 120kv
Prop folding prop from foil drive. both 2 blad3 and a wider hub 2 blade and 3 blade.

Did some testing and found that if i had the wide 2 blade or 3 blade on system was pulling a bit to much current.

testing in Pool with Amp Meter on battery
with 2 blade full throttle is 75Amp
wide 2 blade hub full throttle 115amp
with 3 blade full throttle is 110amp

I can set current limit in the BL Heli have tested this and it does appear to work little erratic but does limit the current.

Currently have the Current limit set to 100Amp seems to be ok can flat water start my bigger board right down to 10% battery (im 90kg),

Generally i only use full throttle for about 10sec max to get going then drop to around 75% while up foiling this drop current to around 45Amp

What is the general consensus is current protection best way to protect battery and motor, see a lot of recommendations’ to leave this off in the flycolour esc, so bit confused, have tried it with it off and doesn’t blow up but must be stressing the batteries.

Cheers Mark

very risky for your cells to set current max battery at 100A , with a battery limited in 2P at 90A, it means 50A per cells, for cells limited to 45A

I set max battery current to 60A, and it is far enough to fly

will try dropping current protection a bit to 60amp do find have plenty of power, Hopeful can get set up with a 3p battery setup give a bit more capacity and lower the load on the cells.

More what im trying to work out is this best option for setting the power output. Would be real nice if you could have like a boost mode then this would limit power once up and riding.

I did wonder would changing the KV of the motor make a difference?