Slow Build Austria / Salzburg

I finished now all modules. They are ready to assemble.
Need now some improvements to waterproof the Screws and the part where the motor wires coming inside. After theme and better weather ( we get snow again ), I am ready for the first test.

2 Likes

V2 is finished

On the next weekend I want test the box in the lake ( without electronic and batteries) if no water comes inside the box. When the test is successfully, I am ready for the new season. But I need to wait for better weather. It is strong snowing outside :cold_face:

5 Likes

Water sensor :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Such great update!

3 Likes

First test in the water.
I push the box some minutes half meter under water.
After this test, I check the inside of the box.
But some water drops find a way to pass my seals :flushed:

So, I improve some parts an make a second test tomorrow.

8 Likes

Today after the successfully water resistant test, I decide for the afternoon a first test ride.

And yes, I was foiling. But the very small wing and the longer mast is a very sensitive combination. I made some nice splashes :joy:

But I have one technical problem.
After a while, I was foiling around 30 km/h, the motor stopped from one moment to the other.
I must swim to the beach, opened the hatch and switch my Trampa 75/300 with the build in Switch off and again on and after theme my remote worked again. ( Flipsky VX3 )
I also recognize that I lost the metr connection.

Last year I never was able to got metr data because the connection to my Trampa always was lost.
I made some firmware updates for metr and Trampa and on the first tests it seems to me I fixed the problem.
But now, when the problem still exists, I will be have big problems with my VX3 that works in UART mode :flushed:

Did someone have some ideas?

4 Likes

For my second efoil, I am using a Zeeko mast that is still not compatible with my Gong System.
So I bought a second Gong Fuselage and want to mill the Zeeko Mast into the Gong Fuselage. Here the first test in wood. Soon I test if it fits.

2 Likes

It seems like it fits.

3 Likes

Nice! I had to turn one hole on my Liquid force mast into a slot to get it to work on my slingshot mast. On yours looks like the mast comes into fuselage a bit which probably makes for a stronger connection.

I’m not sure how rigid your CNC is, but you might want to try some 2d adaptive cuts? Some of those look pretty aggressive if you are doing it in aluminum.

My CNC is able to machining aluminum.
I will Programm it with slower speed.
That was only a test if my border fits

1 Like

… from the Construction to CNC programming and simulation now to the CNC machine…

Finished, it fitting!

Now completely mounted.

And here the differences between all my foils

12 Likes

extra security for my children and friends who are riding with my efoil

7 Likes

Today I ride my efoil successfully.
I reached without my Duct, the Veloce M and the 7” FR Propeller 45 km/h.
Next time I promise I will post metr data.
My daughter deleted all Apps on my phone, so I was not able to…:flushed:

Here now a uncut Video of my ride.

10 Likes

so, i fixed the problems with my metr and Roman was very quick with his Update on the Appstores.
Yesterday i meet one guy with a Lift foil and we decided to ride the Lake up and down.
I take the 6" pith propeller and the Gong Veloce M. It was not my day yesterday. First i had stronger headache and second a thief has stolen me my moneybag :frowning:

Here are now my metr data from the Enjoyride:

84wh/km is a bit high with avg speed 30. What do you weight Robert? Propguard on?
I did 5kms on veloce M then gave it up. It was not fast/stable or efficicient.
Should I try it again?

The all over statistic is wrong. The friend from me ( who are riding a Lift foil ) try my foil and need long time to came up.
I like that foil but you must be alway faster to foil stable. That was also my problem yesterday, the Lift foiler was not fast enough so I go slower and often fall.
But you see the video before, I like the wing.

Foiling Veloce M here as well, I like it. Average speed is higher, approx 27kmh is comfortable. I’m at 68wh/km at that speed.

1 Like

Today my son ride my efoil.
I reduced the VESC settings for him :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Today I decide to circumnavigation our lake. Stronger wind and short higher waves makes the ride not so easy. But I enjoy the turn on the evening :sunglasses:

2 Likes

20 km is huge!!! What battery do you have to make such a distance? With my 12s12p I only do 12 ( foil size M ). I also have the temperature sensors of my BMS which make me a cut of (55 degrees) whereas I remain 19% of remaining battery.
I’m not sure what the maximum temperature is that I can program without taking any risks.

2 Likes

Yesterday I ride with 14s14p and the Gong PRO MT with the 6” FR Propeller.
It was also a strong wind and crazy waves ( not so high but a ugly distance between ) that is why my top speed was maximum 34 km/h.
Test Akku capacity was after the ride was little bit more than 33% ( 3,55 Cell voltage )

1 Like