Step bottom boards for earlier takeoffs and soft touchdowns

A 2500usd board designed like a seaplane float, a patent to protect it (US No. 11,027,796, EU No. 22020001-8), since August 2022, Keith TEBOUL’s Ginsu huge cut-out is being touted as a “revolution” in the world of wingfoil and surfoil. Can anyone talk about it?

Do you need an expensive PVC sandwich board to replicate it ? Probably not: take a standard surfoil board and add the missing EPS/XPS volume under the hull + fibre it.

1 Like

How is that patentable? They just moved the step forward!

So far, the step was behind the mast plate so they patented the step in front of the mast.
It is possible to create two or three steps to bypass the patent or a plateau at mid height under the mast plate.

1 Like

Interesting, kudos to you @SoEFoil, i find that a lot of your posts have high quality. :+1:

1 Like

I tried to cure one of my boards at too high temperature and some of the foam sunk, due to this i have a board to either trash or make something of… i think i’ll make a stepped board out of it just for fun. Thread coming if i manage to save it!

1 Like

Improvise,adapt, overcome
way to go !
I find it interesting, to see if this design, adopted by all amphibious aircrafts, brings something to the table

Started a thread here :slight_smile: