Swedish rifle case build

I dont have a multimeter where I am right now but this is what the battery is Daly app is showing when I plugget in the charger. Should 14s really go to over 55v?

Cell voltage 3.97 is OK, >4.2 would be too high.

You didn’t say if the voltage warning is on the same receiver and remote that you used riding?

Did you see cell count in the Vx3 to the correct number to match your battery? Should be 14 for you.

Ok good to hear!

Sorry, the voltage warning was on the new Flipsky VX3 pro with the new receiver. When riding when everything worked it was with the Maytech remote and receiver.

Yes I am pretty sure I set it to 14s on the remote.

The remote was set to UART (not sure what that is) instead of PPM on the remote screen. When I changed it to PPM I could connect it to the VESC app. Though now it seems like a slow start like nothing happens from before 50 throttle or something. Maybe I need to change some setting in the input setup?

Still get that wierd Message of low ESC battery power even though my battery is fully charger and the motor is spinning :thinking:

If you use ppm then you need to connect battery plus to the receiver to get a voltage measurement, did you do this already?

What was the problem with the maytech remote?

Aha so that is why it says low voltage then? No I do not have that blue “B+” cable connected to anything. Dont know how I could connect it to battery + either since my plus and minus battery cables are only coming in to the ESC box with bullet connectors. Cant really jack onto those in a smart way.

Is it bad to not have that cable connected to the battery + when using PPM or is it only for reading?

I can change between UART, PPM or UART+PPM on the remote but in the VESC app it seems to only search for PPM. Can I change so that UART can be used? I do not know what I used with my old Maytech remote since it just worked right away without changing anything.

The problem with the Maytech remote was that it took on water behind the screen and did not work for a few days. Then I let it dry when disassembled and it started working again. Now after my successfull flight session it sort of died again. The screen and the break throttle work but not the forward throttle. Also the screen says about 10% throttle when not doing anything.

Yuk. Maytech sells a lot of junk and don’t honor a reasonable warranty. I don’t buy from them any longer.

Seems like it! Never gonna buy anything from them again either.

Do you have any suggestions to my other questions above, regarding changing PPM/UART in the VESC app during input setup and if it is OK to run PPM without the battery + cable connected?

If you run UART there can be more info available on the remote, don’t know what the vx3 transmits though since i haven’t used it.

Running ppm without the battery connected is ok but you won’t get a voltage on the remote and this is the most useful data on the screen. It’s a 15 minute job to connect a wire from the bms plus or from the main plus (or from the esc plus wire), depending on which is closest to your receiver.

The VX3 will connect UART assuming you change the cable used for the receiver ( it comes with the remote) and connect to the UART port on VESC, and change setting in VESC to UART

The display on the remote can then show all kinds of info.

There are a number of hreads here that talk about how to do that.

For me that is a way longer operation since I need to disassemble the whole build to get the battery box out and the open the box which is siliconed, make new hole in battery box for the new cable and a new one in my electronics box, re-silicone and then put everything back together :stuck_out_tongue: Not the best design for service but it is what it is .

I the VESC app my remote does not seem to find the controller if I am not using PPM. Cannot use VESC tool on PC because the connector seems to be corroded. Thinking about cutting it of and changing the USB C connctor on the ESC.

Can I use UART and bluetooth module at the same time? Otherwise I am screwed because I cannot use the VESC tool for PC right now

Thanks that thread helped a lot! Connected bluetooth and receiver like mentioned in the thread. Gonna try to setup the VX3 soon. Good News is that Hamron electric cleaner did wonders on my USB C connector so now the PC VESC tool works again. So many more options than the phone app :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I use the iOS ver of Vesc tools on an old iPhone. The interface is different than the PC based ver but most if not all the settings are there.

Having the app on my phone lets me put the phone inside the dry battery compartment of my rig and I can then “log” data using vesctools. Very useful when trying to get the settings right or if you change something.

I would suggest you do a vesctools backup config as you get things dialed in. The “restore” function brings it all back to the point in time when you made the last backup.

Everything works great now! Up and flying a lot :smiley: Sooo much fun! Only on my knees after my second short session but getting there! Soon I will stand haha

Just came in from a very short ride. I was riding for like 2-3 minutes and after a small crash the motor now only delivers 1200w and cant get me going. How could this be all of a sudden?

• The battery is 94% charged and at 54,5v.
  • All settings are still correct in the VESC app and temp could not have gotten high (have good water cooling as well.
  • No water leak or anything

Please advise! :slightly_smiling_face:

Never mind, just disconnected and reconnected the battery and then it worked great during a 40 ish minutes session :smiley: