Takuma Efoil - Remote not pairing

Hi Everyone,

Recently got given a Takuma efoil by my neighbour (his son moved away and it wasn’t being used), worked great the first time though it took a couple of tries to achieve pairing.

When trying to pair the second time, the ESC light stays red and the remote is showing the barred wifi symbol, I tried to redo the pairing process and reset the remote many times with no success, what is the most likely cause and solution ? (new ESC antenna required ?)

Thanks a lot!

Is your remote charged correctly ?

Yep, remote is fully charged, I have the pairing … (with the dots) showing

I wonder if it’s possible to get same behaviour with another problem than pairing. Bms error or low/high voltage protection in esc are things i can see possible. Do you know what kinds of diagnostics and protections there are?
Did you charge the board? What is battery voltage now?

The board is fully charged, 5 out of 5 lights, makes all the right noises when turning it on

Not sure about the protection, the user manual is pretty succinct, just say to try again for the issue, no other info and not much details about the esc architecture

Perhaps not of much use but thought I would post.

I’m a bit puzzled why you have to pair the remote if you had already done that before. Does Takuma require the pairing for each use?