Takuma prop removal

Hello,
Does anyone know how to get the prop off the motor ???.. it uses a threaded shaft as shown but i cant see anywhere or anything that allows you to release it from the shaft. The only way i can see to remove it is to knock it off which doesnt seem like a good look!!.. ive doused it in corrosion X incase its ceased up but i cannot find anyway off popping it off.
Any help would be appreciated.

And yes…ive contactced Takuma…theyre useless as well as many other shops etc who sell this stiff…no one seems to gave a clue despite selling them as spares.

Cheers.
K

A (bearing) puller should do the job, see on YT “How to remove a (n inboard) prop”
Good recommendations here:
'Removing a stuck prop? - #6 by markula

You could try printing a prop or bearing puller/remover:
'bearing puller by M2G2 - Thingiverse

2 Likes

@SoEFoil …I found a 12 euro gear puller set!!!..once i managed to install it…it popped right off!!
Thanks for your help.
K

Hi

1 Like

… welcome ! What do you want to install next on your Takuma motor ? A link on your puller ?

@SoEFoil … im not sure, im thinking the propller kimg tuming set but its a bit pricey…any other suggestions??..the standard prop from Flite is on only £35 but im not sure if it will fit or suit that motor.
I’m using the set up for a tow boogie.

Link to the gear puller is used is:

Cheers
K

1 Like

Be sure to not cut your fingers because those blades are razor sharp. If you looking for a better prop than the Takuma one:

You got much more thrust and end speed. Especially for people over 100kg don’t struggle anymore to get on plane.

Cheers

2 Likes

What is your axis diameter ?
If you have the money and not much time, go for Superlefax’prop, top notch and turnkey products.
If you have time and want to save some money, you could print a @svtlakovas STL prop (a splined clone of Fliteboard prop) and see what happens.

@SoEFoil … i like the idea of the takuma tuning set but its a bit expensive as i say.
The flite prop would work as the shaft isnt splined but the only issue is an adapter needs drawing up to ensure a smooth flow to the back end of the prop. Its for a tow boogie so im lookimg for a cheaper option.
K