Testing all Electric Hydrofoils and making videos (Jetboard testing tour)

What’s the rated lifetime of the battery?

You are right, I misinterpreted the warranty line so I modified my post.

IMHO, we don’t know much / enough.

No, they avoid this particular point. To stand out of the 30+ efoil brand crowd on the market in 2020 and to focus on this important point, could you detail the type of cells your batteries are using ? If you could announce at least 1000 charge cycles, people would feel reassured to not have to spend an extra 2500usd in 18 months time for a new battery.

2 Likes

So once again the 400 cycles is not the lifetime of the waydoo battery, that is much more cycles!
We can publish further details once the CE Certification and approval documents of the battery are ready for publishing as well. So you will have to wait some more weeks for the “look inside”
And to correct you again a new battery is not 2500, it is 1880$.
Please take into account as well that the kickstarter orders start shipping in august.
Selected dealers in Netherlands and Germany already have the first boards to demo, other dealers should get it in July, if the ordered last month.
So best is to wait till July and check the board yourself at the selected dealers, I´m shure this could solve your doubts about the product. :wink:

# New EFOIL PWRFoil Redwoodpaddle | LIVE DEMO | Ask Me Anything Show

4 Likes

I continue my journey to test ALL efoils

E-TAKUMA CARVER 2021 | New EFOIL from TAKUMA :ocean:

Here are our new tips for storing the Efoil battery safely by Andreas e-surfer

New DIY video

Creating DIY Efoil Build Under $2000

We are continuing our series that covers not only commercial eFoils but also DIY projects that you might find interesting and inspiring. If you have some engineering background, you can start creating your own DIY builds! Meet Tobi. In this video, he shares his journey of creating his own DIY Foil Assist Build for under $2000. You can find his topic on foil.zone here:

9 Likes

More accessible for some of us:
'Foil Drive Assist, DIY - #655 by tosh.jah

1 Like