The best board for all diy e-foilers

I think this is common solution for eFoil DIYers. I transport my mast disconnected. Board bottom is flat with 4 threaded mast mounting inserts and slot for motor wires. And one hole for cooling water supply.
Silicon gasket mold is 3d printed.

2 Likes

I think I understandā€¦ but Iā€™m not sure :slight_smile:
Can you upload a pic of de board please ? the point where the master will be connect.
Thanks a lot
Denis

2 Likes

Ok thanks a lotā€¦ now I understand.
Butā€¦ how the water itā€™s go trough that hole without leaking please ?

Thanks again
Denis

Silicon gasket is thicker then black rubber gasket and has a bump around the hole (hard to see on pic)

1 Like

It is possible to do in different ways.
I usually do a small hole in The board just below my mast there my cables and connectors goes out so i can connect/disconnect them before i mount The mast on ny box. In this board i have The vesc installed in a box on The mast so it is The power cables going out. In my previous board i had The vesc inside The board with a small heatzink and fan for cooling, then i had The three motor cables instead.
Then i have a sealings behind The mast so it is usually not comning in any water to the connectors. The cables are sealed with sixaflex 291i so i do not get any water into The batteries in The box.
I havenā€™t fixed The finishing yet on The box :grimacing: but it is working without any problems.

2 Likes

Okā€¦ now Iā€™m convinced :slight_smile:
I must still study a lot in order make my own boardā€¦ but I have a lot of time until next spring :slight_smile:
Thanks a lot all !!!

Please disclose what you mean, cant figure out the 2 flaws. Perhaps abit to little bottom surface?

Hi, just wanted to know how to solder this kind of connectors? What temp to prevent them from melting the casing?

Hereā€™s what I bought.

Just buy this tool:

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B013B90GK0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_i_TF5405YZJWWB9QX2D6P6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Then you donā€™t need to solderā€¦

Hello,
tosh.jah is right. These connectors are not intended for soldering. Good luck with your project.

Would you have a link to these connectors ?

Check the supplierā€™s product list or contact their agent. I canā€™t find the exact link but itā€™s there.

Most of us buy them here:
https://eu.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Amphenol-Industrial/SLPPA25BSB1?qs=qSfuJ%252Bfl%2Fd47LHg%252Bm%252BuNYw%3D%3D

where can i get these connectors the link you gave is closed please help me

They are called ā€œsurlokā€
If you search on the Mouser site you will find many

thank you for helping

Here you have the exact article number to find them on mouser:

Cheers :call_me_hand:

1 Like

I couldnā€™t find the same, can you give me the link?

Merhaba!

Here you have the link:
https://www.mouser.de/ProductDetail/Amphenol-Industrial/SLPIPA16BSB?qs=XeJtXLiO41RzXiFz6PjVLQ%3D%3D

The code for the black version Iā€™m using is SLPIPA16BSB

Here you can see the sheet, on how to read those codes:

Cheers

2 Likes